What have you done to your set up today?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Todd_Sails, Apr 26, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

I moved around some more corals again today to try and optimtimize the best flow/light for each one, and checked my Alk and Ca+.

2. Click Here!

3. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Just added 5% more power to my lights & tested my water.

4. djbonney138

djbonney138 Peppermint Shrimp

I moved my Zoas up in the tank a little to see if I can get them to pep up a little.

5. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Got a new Duncan LPS today! Also, finally got a Ph test kit- liquid one: Ph 8.3

I also looked up simple plans fot building a Phosban reactor, out os a Gatorade bottle, which I'll be doing soon.

6. sargeNnikita

sargeNnikita Plankton

since we both tinker everyday... This last week we removed and replaced some of the return plumbing to optomize water flow. We have obviously had to move corals to find just the right flow spots. We have added some acros, calaustrias (sp?), sps, lps, rics, and other shrooms. Over the last three weeks we added a fire dartfish, lyretail anthia, a purple headed flasher wrasse, and a african cleaner wrasse. These were added to what we already had including a niger trigger, naso tang, copperbanded butterfly, two yellowheaded gobies, mandarin goby, four blue green chromis', a second fire dartfish, a blue devil damsel, a maroon clown, and a coral beauty angel.

tank has finally found it's balance point and water changes are weekly at 10%. So this week is a good one as (knock on wood) we haven't had an major catastrophies in weeks. Whooooohooooo!

7. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

- 55 gallon water change
    - New rox .8 carbon in my reactors to remove the chemiclean and interceptor treatments I had to run
    - Cleaned the algae scrubber
    - Broke down and rebuilt my skimmer that has been acting up
    - Experimented with optics on my new full spectrum led supplements
    - Started planning out my replumb
    - Got all the rest of the pieces ordered for my calcium reactor setup
    - Fed the fishies!

last night was a very aquarium filled night!

8. Click Here!

9. ctate

ctate Astrea Snail

Built a coil denitrator, just cuz I could. 3"pipe, 2' long, with 9' of tube inside. Siphon fed, no pumps, no more spots available to plug another one in!

Also, found my Dwarf Flame Angel and flushed him. Coral Beauty finally killed him. :(

10. reefnJeff

reefnJeff Pajama Cardinal

I turned down my heater.

11. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

I had a minor/major problem last night.

Somehow, a few of my heavy rocks that were kind wtcked up high fell on my prized Blu Trumpet/candy cane! I freaked, them camed down.

It broke 2 peices off, each were about 7-10 heads off! I got some of my medium rubble from my garage that I"m not using, and Super glued these two x 7-10 heads each to a rock, and put them back in.

Then, I made SURE my Aquascape could in no way fall an fracture coral again.

This morning, they all look well!

Mag floated my glass.
    Checked my Nitrates- still reading 0 API kit.

Can't wait to build my DIY Phosguard reactor of of existing poser in my sump to help clear up a little cyano I'm having. I also tried to redirect my flow some.

12. RGS

RGS Plankton

I used some branch rock rubble to "wall" off my tube anemone from nearby corals to prevent stinging.