What have you done to your set up today?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Todd_Sails, Apr 26, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ford101

Ford101 Fire Shrimp

I took my entire tank apart and removed my sand bed. I started at 6 am. I put all liverock and inhabitants in a food grade trash can with the original tank water. Then once drained I scooped out the sand bed, cleaned all equipment thoroughly, and rinsed out the tank. I refilled half the tank with new salt water then put in most of the rock i had after scrubbing off all algae. Then the inhabitants were replaced with some of the original water. This was yesterday and all my parameters are PERFECT, better in fact already. All my corals are so happy today too. I must have gotten lucky with my flow because my first attempt at aiming my circulation pumps allowed for the detris to settle in one place.

2. Click Here!

3. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

This is great!

I really like hearing other peoples 'adustments' they have made to their systems!

Keep 'em coming!

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Spend 5 minutes chasing my female clown around with a plastic bowl, finally caught said nasty mean clown, removed from tank. Positioned 3 frags my clown and snails had knocked over. Top off, added Parts A/B some mag. Mag floated the glass. Feed some ground up pellets. Returned nasty mean clown back to tank, (one of these days I swear I will forget). Big woop......

5. kwinter1

kwinter1 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Well, after shaking my head enough did a 10 gallon wc and waiting for more ro water and for it to get to temp then gonna do ten more tongiht and ten more tomorrow.

6. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Adjusting different LED combination percentages to get the best color combo.

7. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

ugh. water testing, change filter sock, clean skimmer cup, look at tank and wonder when my green bubble algae will be abducted by aliens..

8. Click Here!

9. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Checked my SG- 1.026; Fed some frozen- Limpits Reef Buffet;

And sat and watched it in my recliner/loveseat- pricelss

10. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

A big rock from my scape fell onto my green cc. So the 4 head piece is now a new frag! Never thought that rock would have fallen!

Norg- it was not the big u shaped one

11. West Allis Dad

West Allis Dad Astrea Snail

I moved the maxijet 1200 for my phosban reactor to a different mounting poing on the back wall of my tank. Was going to stop by the LFS for snails but got distracted at Aldi's and forgot all about it.

12. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

What did the distraction look like at Aldi's? ;-)