What Happened ?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums' started by oceansurf, Oct 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oceansurf

oceansurf Purple Spiny Lobster

Last night I went out & bought 2 discus to go with the one I already have. I got 7 rumuy nose tetras, 2 cobalt dwarf gourmais & 3 cory cats.

When I got up this morning, the rmumy nose tetras & the 3 cory cats were gone. I can understand the tetras, but the cory cats ?

What happened ?

2. Click Here!

3. Triggerfish

Triggerfish Ritteri Anemone

Did you check the filter? Maybe they got sucked in.

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I would think the Corys are hiding

5. oceansurf

oceansurf Purple Spiny Lobster

Not hiding. Triggerfish was right.They were in the filter. I am missing the end off one of my filter tubes. It its place I have attatched a sponge. This is the first time I have had fatalities. I guess now I am back to cleaning the gravel myself during a water change. I just bought a lot of plants so, when cleaning, I'll just skim the surface so I don't disturb the mulm.

Now, I have another problem. After buying all these wonderful plants, I have had to add plastic. The plants are still small & my largest discus ( the one I had first ) just won't leave the other 2 alone. He is bigger than they are. I had to provide hiding places. My "plan" is, as they get use to each other, to remove the plastic slowly , one plant a day. Depending on how they are behaving themselves, I may take out one today, beginning with the ones which provide the least shelter.

What do you think ?