What happened to PharmrJohn??

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by flynhawaiianz28, Apr 24, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. flynhawaiianz28

flynhawaiianz28 Purple Spiny Lobster

Hey guys and gals! I was on a hiatus too for a long time and now I'm finally back in it after being gone for a least 3-4 years I think and during that time period I guess PharmrJohn went MIA as well. I was just wondering what ever happened to him:confused: I see that he hasn't been on since early May of 2012. He seemed like a really active member on the forum and I had quite a few nice chats with him about some topics. He was real informative and super helpful. Just kind of missed him being on the forum and maybe one of you guys or gals know what happened?

2. Click Here!

3. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

I think he left the hobby if I remember correctly. Not 100% sure though.

4. flynhawaiianz28

awww man that's pretty sad, hopefully he returns sometime if that was the case. I did that as well for a while and I basically got rid of everything but I missed it too much and I'm back and diving in real deep this time :)

5. brettwest

brettwest Spaghetti Worm

I was gone from the hobby for two years and I noticed the biggest majority of the people on here are different now.It seems like a lot of people have trouble keeping their tanks healthy long term because of the dedication it takes.In my case I moved and couldnt bring the tank with me so I sold it all and now im starting over.

6. flynhawaiianz28

It is tough getting out the hobby that you really love and it requires a lot of dedication, time, effort, and the wallet as well but a fresh start is nice sometimes and allows you to look at things retrospectively and make the changes that you weren't always able to make previously. I try and take the positive away from it all after leaving the hobby and coming back to it :)

7. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I like that Z28, taking positive is good in life no matter what the situation. Hopefully PharmrJohn will make a surprise comeback.

8. Click Here!

9. flynhawaiianz28

I hope so as well. I just felt like he was a regular member just like any of us on here and he shared information and experiences to help fellow reefers. The more members we have apart of our little community the better :)

10. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Welcome back. I remember PharmJohn. I was out for several years too. I did some moving around and didn't want to set up a tank just to have to break it back down. Sure missed it when I was gone though. I'm sure Marine Depot is glad I'm back.

11. flynhawaiianz28

Thanks! Yeah sometimes life unfortunately gets in the way of a beloved hobby i guess. MarineDepot has been getting a majority of my business now more than ever and I still have quite a bit of stuff to buy from them ;D

12. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

Couldn't agree with this more! Recently back to the hobby as well and already am taking better care of everything than i did before.