what fish goes well with nemo?(ocellaris clownfish)

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by helpme, Aug 3, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

I have a 1g. It's only for brine though......

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. pavelow360

pavelow360 Feather Duster

Its more like what I do, if I will not like the answer, i do not ask the question...I live by this rule at work but not in this hobby...lol

Another live by is; it is easier to beg for forgiveness then ask for permission...

4. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

I am sorry, but I wouldn't even make a snail suffer by giving it such a small tank!
    I have two juvenile True percula Clowns in a 30 gal and I feel that they need more room. I couldn't imagine trying to cruelly shove two fish (even small fish) in a tank that should only be suited for feeder brine.
    If you honestly want to keep a healthy environment for your fish, PLEASE get a bigger tank! AT LEAST a 20 gal or SOMETHING!
    Would you want to be locked in a small bathroom for the rest of your life?

5. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

10 or 15 gallon tanks make nice nanos when properly setup... lol. I have a 16 gallon. just don't overstock! There are nice selections of fish for these size tanks out there. Pico tanks (less than 5 gallons) are for experinenced aquarists. Not saying you can't do it.. just harder to keep stable, and these tanks are usually maintained by people with larger aquariums who use their water change water for these sweet lil setups. If you're adament on this 3 gal.. take the clown back and get a sexy shrimp or a clown goby. Otherwise at least spend a lil more and get a 10 gallon setup, and you can keep one clownfish in there and a cleaner shrimp. Would be a nice little setup for you!

6. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

I have a 3 gallon, in it is a Barnacle Blenny some crabs and corals that are in q/t until they grow big enough to not get knocked around and make sure there is no nuisance algae on it. It's a cute little tank but way easy to crash. We do a complete water change weekly (meaning drain it as low as possible), with new water...not water depleted of trace elements by the corals in the other tanks.

7. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

yeah why don't you toss a blue spot ray in with him. That will be cool. There's no point in being diplomatic here. people like you are bad bad bad for the hobby and I do hope and pray that you learn sooner or later. Anyone who wants to get all butt hurt at me should read this persons other threads. IQ level is lower than my blue sponge.

8. Click Here!

9. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

OMG, I actually did read all the threads and what I can't understand is why I even read this one in the first place. Back to people who will listen...

10. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

Oh snap! ...wow

11. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

it was prolly a little harsh but honestly. C'mon, you come on here and ask for help and then go do the opposite and then wonder why things go wrong. I'm sure someone will give me negative karma again because I coulda been all sweet about it but I don't like sugar coating. No matter how much sugar you sprinkle on a turd, it's still a turd

5 people like this.
  12. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

Actually Daniel after reading htis person's other posts.. about the Lionfish in a 11 gallon tank.. which is now blind, and will die.. your absolutely right. I read his other posts. I can't believe it. I don't know whether to blame his messed up LFS or him for believing them. It's cool man. Also I want to add other sites are much harsher.. some call names..lol

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.