what fish goes well with nemo?(ocellaris clownfish)

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by helpme, Aug 3, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helpme

helpme Astrea Snail

hi, i would like to know what fish can i mix with in my 3 gallon tank with an ocellaris clownfish in it? i've cycled the tank n got live sand n live rocks in it already. i think its pretty stabled now. so im thinking of adding a fish with my other nemo. opinions?

2. Click Here!

3. jhawkor

jhawkor Millepora

Not trying to be a downer but I don't think you should add anything else. I don't think I would even put a fish in a 3 gallon. Did you mean 30 or is it really a 3 gallon?

4. helpme

helpme Astrea Snail

ya i meant a 3 gallon. haha. i know its kinda small, but i was hoping to maximize it. like probably a goby and a shrimp shall finish it off

5. ktz216

ktz216 Flamingo Tongue

^^+1

6. jhawkor

jhawkor Millepora

MAYBE you could get a small goby and a pistol shrimp if you took the clown back. I don't think a clown should be in a 3 gallon tank...just my opinion.

7. greysoul

greysoul Stylophora

I concur.

FWIW, I have a serious pet peeve issue with the whole "Nemo" thing. I suspect that movie has been responsible for more needless clown fish death than all other fish death combined.

Please either get a bigger tank or take the clown back... 3g marine tanks are so extremely hard to keep stable that they should be left to experts. They're certainly no place for a healthy clown fish.

If you really want to keep a clown fish, or any other fish, please hang out here and read up on the subject and I also highly recommend some good books. The Conscientious Marine Aquarium is a good place to start.

8. Click Here!

9. freyre

freyre Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

+1 greysoul not trying to be rude or nasty but hes right if you are just a beginer the 3 galon not a good idea but if you get a 20 galons is not to big is not to small i thinks is the perfect zise for you can still use what you have... but if you are serios aboute this you realy need to read befor you get into it i read more then five salt water books and ask a thousend and one (?) befor i ivend buy anything... and we are here to awnser al of your questions but is up to you i just fill bad for the clown fish!!!!!!!!!! o and lets not talk about filtretion in a 3 galon aquerium nonononononono not good

10. the fisherman

the fisherman Vlamingii Tang

a bigger FISH tank lol

11. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

I would recommend setting up a 20 gallon tank. move the clown in there and get your goby for the 3 gallon. tanks that small can be done farely easy if you have a larger stable tank also. you can use water from the 20 gallon to do your water changes. all you have to do is keep the 20 gallon stable and swap about 10 percent of the water out of the 3 gallon once a week or so.

12. helpme

helpme Astrea Snail

lol. sorry guys. but i've been keeping my single clownfish for over 3 months now. and i always keep track of the ammonia n nitrite level, which is always 0. i think coz its just a small clownfish(3cm in size), thats y it doenst produce much ****

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.