What does your Username mean?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by SnooknRedz, Dec 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

I mean think about it, some of us only know each other from these names, yet i may talk to some of you on here more in a day than i do some family. What made you pick the name you have? I've seen some crazy ones out there... ;)

Ill begin. SnooknRedz: Well since 4yrs old I have been passionately in love with fishing. I live in the fishing capital of North America and a snook is one of my fav fish to catch. You cant buy it at the market, so chances are youve never eaten one, but IMO best eating fish in sea. This was a few yrs back...
    [​IMG]
    Redz or Redfish, or red drum are a common fish around these parts as well. They school in the 100s and can be the best fight inshore along the ICW here in Central Florida, all the way to Louisiana, and the Carolinas. Awesome Fish.
    I dont have a pic but heres one i got from google...
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. lmr2o

lmr2o Millepora

Cool thread, I've wondered about a few of you myself :p mine is just my initials and old sports number. When I signed up this was my first forum and I didn't know I'd be as involved in it as I am. Kinda wish I woulda thought my user name out a little more lol!

4. Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer Millepora

Yeah I wish I had put a little more thought into mine as well but I never thought I'd get all that into a forum. LOL, just like I thought I wouldn't get into corals.

Coastie = Spent 8 years in the Coast Guard and that's was kind of our nickname, now it's Guardian...meh, wonder where they came up with that one?

Reefer = well the site was called 3reef, so reefer popped into mind

Not very original but that's how I got my username.

5. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

Had a feeling you were gonna be a Coastie, i have a few buddies in there myself. Thanks for all you have done for your country man, seriously.

6. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Some of my friends/family call me Seano (real name just, Sean). So then I smacked the second O at the end of my last name to make it rhyme. Creative, huh?

Sometimes I wish I would have come up with something funnier or more original. but I just couldn't think of anything cool at the time. :p

7. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

lol... That's the first thing I thought of when I saw your user name. Been an avid fisherman myself since I was a wee lad. Came from your neck of the woods, too... I was born in Lakeland and lived in Vero til '84. :)

My user name has been my nickname among my younger neighbors and workmates for a few years, now. I just got lazy and decided to use that instead of trying to think of something else.

8. Click Here!

9. LoJack

LoJack Sea Dragon

LoJack was the name of my very first fish when I bought my first tank ... So when I signed up for my first forum I used it. (and this was before LoJack for cars became available lol)

The guy sold it to me as a Lemon Jack Cichlid ... so I called it LoJack. After a bit of research the common name was actually Lemon Jake ... but the name stuck

10. butcherman

butcherman Plankton

11. debasis_global

debasis_global Astrea Snail

12. mra

mra Plankton

SnooknRedz, I have to agree with you about Snook being the best tasting fish ever.
    I took my name from the company I used to own. Now my fids own it and I work for
    them. Mr Appliance