What do you think

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Puffer Chick, Dec 10, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. WuWu

WuWu Feather Star

lol , i love how GSP look I stuck a 1x1" frag in my 55 and its probably 6"DIA since july , though I gotta say my GSP look better than any I've seen anywhere else super thick and neon neon green

2. Click Here!

3. NeighborTomita

NeighborTomita Banned

Polyps can over-run a tank just as easily, just takes time.

I would just try and peal it off with my fingernail, looks like it would come right off from looking at the picture. Start at the edges and see if it is easily removable. Looks like just a few polyps that have been out of the sun for a while, they might be weak right now.

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

that's awesome sounds really pretty.

I wouldn't mind gsp if it wasnt such a weed, if i wanted a softie tank i would have been like hellz yea! free coral, but in a lps and sps dominated tank, hell no :D

5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ok, i'll try it tomorrow. And yea everything was out of the sun, i had just turned on the lights when i noticed them

6. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

PC, I wouldn't try peeling it off... not worth the trouble. this stuff can break apart pretty easy. And will keep coming back.

I recommend making up some kalk paste and smothering it. Never ever a problem with it again. Just be done with it.

(she's already said she doesn't want it).

I'm nuking a lot of rock now to get rid of it....

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

8. Click Here!

9. NeighborTomita

NeighborTomita Banned

:).....

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ok, i think i'll do the try pulling it off with my fingernail first, if not then butter knife, and if i still can't get it off, i think i do have an xacto knife lying around somewhere and i'll try that, lol than if not that either the kalk paste, i'm hoping that if i use my fingernail it will easily come off

11. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

I would personally keep it and trade the Frags to the Lfs for some coral... And if it apreads like weed the better because I can just keep getting New coral from lfs for "free".

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

my lfs has a ton of gsp frags for sale, don't think he would really want more, he has a lot of the same shrooms, xenia, and gsp, guess no one wants them cause their weeds. but looking at the gsp it's on the edge of the frag rock by itself where the zoas havent gotten to it yet. do you think i could just brake off that area of the frag rock?