What do you need to set up a hospital/qt tank?

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Puffer Chick, Jul 28, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

So i've decided to go ahead and turn my puffer's 20 gallon into a hos/qt tank when the 46 is ready. My parent's are mad at me since i want to leave the tank up, and as much as i want to take the tank down, i'd rather be safe than sorry as i don't want to loose all my money if one thing goes wrong, and no where to put anything, then be in a panic and have everything dead.

So what equipment will be needed?
    On the current tank, i have a filter *only rated for a 10 gal*, heater, and seaclone 100 skimmer, and sand, and of course saltwater. This tank has never had any diseases, and my puffer who is currently living it has always been healthy.

Would this tank have to have live sand and rock? I'm only asking because i really don't want to have to empty out all of the sand that's in the tank since that would be really hard to do. I'm sure i would need to replace the water, once my fish is out.

Is there anything else that i would need to get as far as equipment goes to get this tank setup as a hospital/qt?

2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Well what exactly do you want? A hospital or QT? They are two completely different set-ups

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

umm not really sure, i guess i can only have one, so whichever one would be the best out of the two to have