What Do You Feed Your Corals!

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Black_Raven, Sep 10, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

I'm just curious to see what other people are feeding their corals and trying to find new and better products.

I use Kent Marines Chromaplex, Zooplex and Phytoplex as well as DT's phytoplankton. I dose 2-3X's per week.

2. Click Here!

3. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

I feed twice a week. Thursdays I mix a "Marine Gumbo soup". Anything and everything I have. Silversides, brine shrimp, cyclops sp., coral nutrition mix, phytoplex, ON's squid.

How's the Zooplex and DT's working for you? My acan is getting extremely fat. :tongue4:

4. nemo79

nemo79 Zoanthid

I Just Got My First Coral That Isn't A Hitchiker...blue/green/rose Semats. I Love Them And I Am Feeding Phytoplex. Can U Ever Feed Meaty Treats To The Corals And If So How?

5. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

My corals really seemed to like the DT and I have no complaints about the kent marine products. I do feed my corals meaty produts when I feed my fish frozen foods. Pieces are always getting taken up.

6. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

7. mannyhernz

mannyhernz Fire Worm

i feed a variety of frozen foods mixed with zooplex and phyto..my corals seem to love it! hey covey how do you feed the oyster eggs to your sps? do you spot or do you let it float in the column?

8. Click Here!

9. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

I cut the air off on the skimmer for like an hour and just let it float in the tank. It gets a good feeding response.

10. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

O.S.I. marine flakes, Roti-Feast and Tigger Pods from Reef Nutrition, DT's oyster eggs, Sweetwater brand zooplankton, and home made phytoplankton. I feed phyto every day and feed one or two of the other foods mentioned every other day.

11. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I have no idea whether or not you can feed this coral meats because I have no idea what this coral is? Can you post a picture?

12. nemo79

nemo79 Zoanthid

oops i meant seamats. i will post a pic tonight.