What do you do for a living?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by yamaharider73, Jan 1, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

i make people see better. i specialize in low visual aids LVA. as well as optics for infants.

the gift of sight is very rewarding.

one lady almost made me cry. okay well i teared up a bit. heres the story. a lady walked in and gave me a story of how she lived her life on the street with drugs for over 25 years. but recently decided to get cleaned up with the help of government funding. now she wore glasses while growing up, when her glasses broke she wasnt able to afford another due to a terrible drug habit, her main priority. Her prescription was so high she basically walked around nearly blind. not like some of you may think, she could make out colors but not the actual shapes or details, everything was a colorful blurr to her. so when she came in to pick up a pair of glasses i had made for her she immediately slipped them on and a single tear came down her cheak. i asked " is everything okay" only to get no response but more emotions. as she looked out the window crying with her new specs on she says to me "oh my god trees have leaves".

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

Yea... its a freak job. Problems with jobs and customers take a toll on the mind all day. Not many out there that are wired for a job like this.

Your company is involving more people. Can get hectic. I have respect for a job like yours.

1 person likes this.
  4. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

not to ruin the moment here... but that was funny...
    aside from the sentimental part.

5. coloradoReef

coloradoReef 3reef Sponsor

Grey hair is rapid and we both probably look like your avatar after work sometimes!

6. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

uuuuhhhhhh.... yea I come home feeling like that at times.

7. bluewhite4

bluewhite4 Astrea Snail

I'm the lead technician for a small communications company. We specialize on Mitel brand VoIP solutions for small to large companies. I'm told that I'm really good at taking technology and making it work for the average person, and helping them to understand how its different/better. (In my head though, I'm screaming because apparently they think that answering their new phone is somehow different from answering their old phone. Just pick-up the handset!!)

I'm also the IT admin for the office, so when the email server decides that it doesn't like its hard drives at 5 am on Wednesday, its my job to get it back online and keep it that way for everyone in the office. And then to go in on New Years day to completely replace said hard drives and rebuild the server......I'm done complaining now. I truly love my job and am glad to have it most days.

8. Click Here!

9. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

Let me guess - that means you are probably "slumped" over at the end of your work day huh?

(leave it to a designer to make a bad concrete joke....) muahahaha!

10. coloradoReef

coloradoReef 3reef Sponsor

lol!

11. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang

I know how you feel. It gets really hectic when we trip a boiler and the mill goes down and you got 600 people without lights and steam for the machines and everyones looking at you wanting to know when you are going to be back online so the can start their equipment back up

12. fantomas

fantomas Astrea Snail

You wouldn't happen to be a volunteer firefighter would you?

when I was younger I always wanted to deliver pizzas.. After being a dispatcher in Hartford, CT... Now not so much

1 person likes this.