What do I need to know to install LED

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by gwbh, Aug 20, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gwbh

gwbh Astrea Snail

I am getting my first SW tank this week, its a biocube 14. I am planning on purchasing a LED retrofit kit, probably rapidled, the solderless version. I want to get a controller and do sunset/sunrise, will I be able to do this with no knowledge of electronics? If not what would i need to know? thanks

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  2. Click Here!

3. Scape

Scape Astrea Snail

Umm Depends on the Kit there are some Solderless ones otherwise you would have to solder them.

But they have pretty straight forward tutorials on it. So shouldnt be too hard.

1 person likes this.
  4. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

I did a Rapid retrofit on my JBJ 28 and did not have any issues, however I have been doing wiring for quite a few years now, between working on my car(s), home projects, fish tank projects, etc. They do a very good job with the instructions, so I would read through them thoroughly and see if you don't understand anything.

5. pja24

pja24 Bristle Worm

I'm in process of putting together a solderless for 210 gallon from rapid led. Seems pretty easy. With no experience I would just search threads and read up on others that did it. My only big questions were adjusting the dimmable drivers but found plenty of info when i searched it. Also rapid has been known for their great customers service. If you have questions email them they will get back to you with answer, part of the reason I purchased from them. Good luck.

1 person likes this.
  6. gwbh

gwbh Astrea Snail

thanks for the replies

7. Rhameolution

Rhameolution Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

This thread was super informative for me too, thanks to all who contributed!

8. Click Here!

9. anb

anb Coral Banded Shrimp

i actually did one on our nano 24gal and needless to say it was super easy....step by step instructions with pictures..i have a little bit of electrical knowledge but no more than rewiring the house fixtures and maybe a ceiling fan or two...

1 person likes this.