What cheap fish should i get?

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

Alright, so im looking for CHEAP fish as im trying to budget my tank. I have 3 fish that i would love to have but they are a bit pricey.

Only reason why i am looking for another fish is because my clowns have all of a sudden been gaining up on my helfirchi firefish very badly for quite some time. Today i rearanged my aquascape and it's gotten even worse and now the firefish has nipped fins which is NOT cool.

So i desperatly need to even out the numbers as i fear this will cause my firefish to try to jump even though my tank appears to be jumpproof, its just not fair to the firefish who is extremly docile.

Ive never really cared for chromis but their cheap, think they would work? Or if you have any other cheap fish ideas that would be great

2. Click Here!

3. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

how about a canary or stripped blenny. Both are poisonous, and their display colors keep clowns in check. Both of mine are all over the tank, very pretty and hang out with my firefish.

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ok, ill check those guys ut, my clowns are still harrasing my firefish, he gets chased all over the tank, and i get it they have a 3 foot tank for the 3 of them and their just going at it on my poor firefish

5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

so far i like the looks of the canary blenny more than the striped, and you say yours leave your firefish alone, i would hate to get something and have the firefish gainged up on even more

and now my clowns have chased my firefish into hiding, i dont get it :angry:

6. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

(check your tank for eggs,,, ususally they get pretty aggressive if they have spawned)

try to reaquascape again. make sure you have a lot of hiding spots.

7. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

wow i hate that thats happening maybe get a damsel i got one on accidnt but the clowns focus more on it than any other fish

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

any pics of what eggs might look like, and the new aquascape actually has more hiding spots unlike the last one, i know my female always attacks my hand and bites extremly hard so i know thats normal but thisi random attacking of my firefish from the two of them seemed to start when i addded my new corals. and with rearanging the rocks i dont know if the eggs ended up getting smashed/dumped off the rocks if there really are any

10. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

get a wrasse... i believe that 6 lines are pretty cheap ;)

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

id be worry of it attacking the firefish, now since im not really getting anymore livestock, i dont mind getting a semi-aggressive fish, so long it doesnt attack fish if the fish arent doing anything to them, because all my firefish does is just mind its own business and hardly swims anyways so now it cant even swim without being harrassed so its in hiding

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

the fish that i were looking at before were the McCoskers flasher and Red velvet fairy, and i was also looking at the bangaii cardinal. But with me trying to save money im not going to get anymore fish.

BUT thanks to my clowns i need something to keep them in check but at the same time fairly cheap.

Ill look into 6 line. i hope the fighting wont last too much longer, my lfs' new store wont open until the beginning of february and will no longer be carrying livestock at their current location