What can I do to improve my tank?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by wackyzman, Jan 26, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. wackyzman

wackyzman Astrea Snail

I have had a 30 gallon tank for about two years now. I have just added some soft corals like zoos and mushrooms. I have about 50 or so lbs of live rock and sand and crushed coral for a sand base. I run an Marineland 350 power filter and two power heads. My fish include 2 true percula, 1 damsel, 2 Banggai Cardinals, 1 Firefish, 2 Peppermint shrimp, 2 Camel shrimp, 5 snails and A Bristle Sea Star. Do I need a protien skimmer? All water levels are in the ideal range, except the Nitrate level. I cant get it to drop below 80ppm. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

Hey, just a heads up, the more threads you start the more confusing and difficult its gonna be to help. I have replied to one of the other threads. If you can answer some of the questions I'm sure we can help you out.

4. wackyzman

wackyzman Astrea Snail

k thanks. new to here.

5. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

no problem :) Just people will post different things on different threads and it will get a lot of doubling up and easy to miss things.