What ballast is the odyssea t5HO?

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by sostoudt, Feb 21, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

What ballast is on the odyssea t5HO units?

I'm tried asking the people at aquatraders but they have no idea, they forwarded my question to the manufacturer, Still waiting on a response.
    I figured I would see if any of you knew.

2. Click Here!

3. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

im gonna guess an Odyssea ballast....lol sorry...couldnt resist..but what do you mean when asking what ballast is in it?

4. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

I'm with you as I'd like to know too....

5. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

what is the model number, what is the manufacturer.

but honestly I want to know it's performance specs, like ballast factor and power factor.

6. Kevin3884

if your question is pertaining to whether the ballast is electronic or magnetic...Odyssea's use electronic ballasts only now...the first generations did have magnetic ballasts, but there were too many failures of those ballasts (nearly sinking the company) and since then they have electronic ballasts. IMO Odyssea is a decent made product NOW, I have used their lights in the past (when I had my 125G). For the $$ they are a good deal....my Odyssea's fired ATI bulbs without a problem and ran very cool.

7. Kevin3884

as for manufacturer, I never had to tear my lights apart to see.. :) Which is a good thing i suppose...but I still have my odyssea T5s and they all still work 4 years later :) but i just dont use them...they will be sold with the 125 when it is sold :)

8. Click Here!

9. Tbone

Tbone Astrea Snail

I have the odesea t5ho 48 inch 4 bulb set up. I have had it for a little over 2 months. I have nothing but good things to say. I replaced the white bulbs, plus I have a 24 inch reefbrite blue led light. The ballasts are separate from the unit and I check them on a regular basis for heat. They are always cool. My coral have been growing quite nice over the last couple months. Personally I say that this light set up is a good buy.