What are your regional foods?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by inwall75, May 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Dang, you know, I ended up going out and getting some cheese (along with other stuff) to make a sandwich like an hour ago, and ended up getting BelGioso Provolone.....made in Wisconsin lol.

There's a taste that goes along with the flop.

2. Click Here!

3. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

4. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Rocky Mountain Oysters
    buffalo? Do they serve that everywhere?

I don't think anywhere in the U.S. can really consider pizza a regional food. It's served in huge variety all over the country, and there's no way that the location it's made makes the flavor. I've had pizza all over the country including New York and it all tastes good to me:)

5. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

6. NinjaBum

NinjaBum Spaghetti Worm

New Mexican Green Chile. We put it on everything, pizzas, mexican food, burgers, in bread, on steaks. If you've never been to NM you probably think I'm talking about something completely different and what the rest of the world considers "green chile"

New Mexican cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The state of New Mexico consumes more green chile than the entire rest of the world combined. If you've never eaten a Green Chile Cheesburger do yourself a favor, drive to or through Albuquerque, go to a decent burger place, and bask in the glory. I go through withdrawl when I haven't eaten any in a while. Also New Mexican food is way better than what the rest of the country serves as Mexican food in my opinion. If you enjoy Mexican food then you'll crap your pants eating some of the stuff we serve here. It's a blend of Native American and Mexican thats pretty unique to this regional area. President Bush even had El Pinto Mexican Restaurant cater for the White House's Cinco de Mayo events.

7. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

There are 3 cities that can claim a pizza IMO.....New York, Chicago, and St. Louis. I've never been to NY. However, in both St. Louis and Chicago, you can get pizza from the other two cities and it's called XYZ-style after those cities. Then there's also California-style pizza.

8. Click Here!

9. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Mozzarella is one of the easiest cheeses to make well. There really isn't any skill in it.

I think they can even make decent mozz in Cali.

You know some of the best pizzas have 4 cheeses on them. Mozzarella, asiago, Romano and Ricotta. Since you can't win awards for string cheese (lol), WI wins a lot of awards on all the rest of those.

I love California, but they only make cheap bland cheese there. The wines they make there more than make up for it though. We try to make wine in WI, and it's bad, even with grapes from known good reasons.

10. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Gotcha!!!

And that brand is well known to be great cheese as well.

11. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

mmmm Roti, I make that as I have Fijian Indian friends and have learned to cook some of the food so I can make it at home for myself. I love dal....yummy with rice and some roti.

California I think is known for the fusion food /cuisine thing.

12. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

Just read up on Dhal. Sounds yummy! IF I'm reading the correct recipe, LOL.
    Question:
    Is Roti kind of like Poori(sometimes spelled Puri)?

Last edited: May 18, 2010