What are your regional foods?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by inwall75, May 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

We started pollution, inner city decay, we may as well have invented crime, pretty much invented the American idea of a gang, the idea of the vertical city (then went "go bigger" with Chicago's, um, "aid"), overpopulated beaches, Atlantic City, Camden, Newark, the Jonas Brothers, Whitney Houston, the mall....lol. The worst part is that I can keep going.

The best part is that I could mention extremely large portions of the country's most influential R&D and upstarts of industry, and the average income that's 2nd in the country.

Ah, we know how to stack up our pizza too....I don't keep pictures of pizza handy, those were the first I could find to demonstrate the "flop effect" lol

2. Click Here!

3. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

4. hasek1639

hasek1639 Fire Shrimp

HUGE BUMP TO THE GARBAGE PLATE but there is nothing like the orginal

5. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Well Raven, I am glad that you know of the good and bad of your area. :)

Whitney Houston, that made me laugh and think of the SNL skits of recent times ripping on her. :)

We have our share of good and bad too, as with every other place in the world:)

Add to the list of bad pizza joints you mentioned the Midwest had John Dillinger (or was he good?;), the cubs, polka music, Harley Davidson (for now until they move), and I am sure many more things.

There are a lot of good things from the midwest though.

6. blackraven1425

7. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

As funny as cheese can be, Wisconsin has some of the best boutique cheeses in the world. Particularly blue cheeses.

Let's not forget that without Wisconsin cheese, your NY pizza wouldn't be right. ;)

8. Click Here!

9. blackraven1425

Bleh, forget Wisconsin Mozzarella. Italian moz is necessary for good pizza.

10. benbabcock

benbabcock Bubble Tip Anemone

any one saw poutine yet?? or am i the only quebecker??

11. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

I didn't realize you were in Key West!! Key West is my home town! Where I was born :D

It's changed sooo much since I was there last I hear. There used to be an amazing cuban place called la Lechonera. Is Pepe's restaurant still there? Turtle Crawl?

12. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Hmmm...limp pizza or stiff pizza? I'll take stiff please. That NY pizza looks too floppy for my liking. He have pizza around here that's about the halfway point of floppiness in those two pictures.

Deep dish meat lovers please. Ugh I'm hungry now...

Oh. And apparently Tennessee is the largest exporter of strawberries. I did not know this until 3 hours ago. Yay!