What are your regional foods?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by inwall75, May 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Blue Bell Ice Cream. Any other ice cream is a cheap knock off :p

Dr Pepper from Waco. Hot Dr Pepper (the only way I can even drink the stuff).

Tex-Mex. Not California, Arizona, or New Mexico's very mild, very plain versions, but hot as heck, true Tex-Mex. I love me some heat.

Fried Green Tomatos. Yum.

Fried Okra (I know this isn't really regional, but I rarely find it outside of Luby's)

Luby's (think high school cafeteria at adult prices... I still haven't resolved if I like this place or not and I've been going all my life)

Crawfish (not super local, but regional). Suck doe's heads

One thing McDonald's got right... the TX homestyle Burger.

Also, Whataburger rocks and any state without one is handicapped IMO.

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Peruvian Chicken? (Or is that only in NOVA?) I would love some Peruvian chicken right now.

4. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Whippy, I think you are forgetting the Mofongo for PR. YUMMMY

Now Milwaukee.

let's see.

The favorite beverage of 3reefers of age.... BEER

Bratwurst, Cheese, Milk.

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:lol: I sure do miss the pizza and the Italian ices (native Long Islander).

6. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

LOL I must say it's very good! My wife and I stayed a few nights in Manhattan and I swear that's all I ate the whole trip. The only better I've ever had was my grams. She was born and raised in Naples, met my grandfather when he was a sailor. She made him put a brick oven in thier house and that all she used to cook in.

7. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

Definitely a NoVA thing! That's where I am but since people from all over the world live here there really isn't anything specific.

Mofongo, menudo, coquito, horchata, bacalao..... YUM!

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I saw them making that on a Man vs. Food episode (I think). It looked disgusting enough to eat :lol:

10. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

We are known for having very good seafood - though I don't eat any of it! Lots of good beer and wine are produced in the state. We also have a unique "northwest" style of food. I can't really describe it...but it's a lot of ingredients (mostly healthy) you wouldn't think go together, but do! Also, there is a lot of organic food up here.

11. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Um hello. freakin moon pies. They have too many flavors to be normal :p For those that don't know, they're a marshmellow cookie sandwich thing. and believe it or not, people here don't eat alot of them. Most people at my highschool had never even had one before.

Basically if it's in the southeast, it's in tennessee. So nothing super regional in this state, just in those whole neck of the woods. Grits, biscuits and gravy, a million ways to make BBQ, banana pancakes, fried chicken (duh), and all that southern stuff people love (including sweet tea, the only way to drink tea. it can be hot or cold.)

Also, from tennessee our lovely country has been gifted with Jack Daniels, Krystal Hamburgers (the krystal square off eating competition takes place right in front of where I work on the riverfront :)), mountain dew, the first coca cola bottling plant, cotton candy, oh and the atomic bomb. yeah they needed a place in the middle of nowhere with cheap electricity to build the a-bombs, and tennessee fit the bill :D

And the new American VW plant is going to be 15 minutes away from me. w00t w00t.

12. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

Oh, when I lived in Spain, my faves:

Gambas al ajillo
    Gazpacho
    Acetunas
    Lomo de cerdo con roquefort
    Pollo al ajillo
    Jamon Serrano y Iberico
    Queso Manchengo
    Tinto de verano
    Vino