What are your reefing pet peeves?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by ibefishy, Jan 27, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

lol ;d

2. Click Here!

3. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

:bucktooth:hehe:

woops

not sure how you noticed I do that over 3reef :p:p but thanks for setting me straight there...

I actually pronounced it chai-toe

i went to the LFS the other day and asked about croke-ee-uh's... after an odd silent moment, the dude that barely speaks english says "crow-see-uh?"

:-[

um, yeah!

1 person likes this.
  4. Reef2Keep

Reef2Keep Purple Spiny Lobster

Not being to upgrade yet! (need to move first)

5. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

LOL.

I wasn't speaking about you, but local folks;)

Crocea, I pronounce that like your LFS guy (or actually more like cro shay-uh) , but my LFS guy says croak kee uh as well. I have no clue on that one.

6. mikeHVAC

mikeHVAC Spaghetti Worm

hahaha seriously!

7. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Grammar lesson not over. The use of "me" in your example is improper grammar. So is "a pic of I". The proper word to use of English grammar would be "here is a pic of myself" and " here is a pic of my tank and I".

I will fedex you a grammar book. :p

Those people lose tank viewing privileges.

8. Click Here!

9. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Not quite xmetal. Not sure if you read that too quick. Or if you need to review your grammar book :p But your point of 'myself' is contextually controlled.

I said "a pic of I" is incorrect, that was my point. Your last sentence is incorrect.

it would be a "a pic of my tank and me" not "and I". 'I' doesn't fit. It's not "a pic of I".

It's a pic of me; depending on the context of the sentence it could be a pic of myself. <- like right there, I used the me and myself correctly in both spots in that sentence. In neither spot would it be I.

So if you want to add the "my tank and" to the red sentence:

It's a pic of my tank and me; depending on the context of the sentence it could be a pic of my tank and myself.

10. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

Alright....enough school...I get enough of that AT school (yes, I am a non-traditional student - went back after 20 years). I come to 3reef to talk/read about things not school related.....;D

j/k! My English professor will love this story.

11. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

Evaporation. I hate having to pump out RO/DI and top off.

12. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

1. Agree with others on the dirty glass thing. I hate it so much that even the back wall of my tank is very clean (little OCD)
    2. The smell of nori
    3. The smell of SPS when they are out of the tank
    4. People who don't respect other's. Everyone is entitled to a different opinion and to share it, but don't dis other opinions just because you disagree. You can disagree, but still be respectful. What works for one, might not work for another.
    5. All of the power cords...drives me nuts (again with the OCD)
    6. Beautiful fish, beautiful coral and nasty looking tanks and sumps....come on, a little maintenance goes a long way....and it looks so much better when it is cleaned up. And there is a lot of money invested. You wouldn't buy a BMW and hog it all up. Right?
    7. People who assume all reefers are men....there are a lot of knowledgeable women in this hobby. And that brings me to one of my LFS'....some of these employees won' even acknowledge me when I come in their store, but if my husband is with me, then they are falling over themselves to help. Don't they know that I control the checkbook?

Ok, I think I am done now.....thanks for the thread. Needed to rant a little.;D