Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by ibefishy, Jan 27, 2010.
Join 3reef now to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.
OK That leads me to a NEW thread check it!
This one pet peeve I left out and that is:
LFS personnel who recommend a fish or invert after you tell then what you have and the fish or invert becomes lunch!
1) Mantis shrimp
2) My wife asking me how much that fish/coral/piece of equipment/new tank cost.
3) Cleaning the glass when there is a tiny bit of salt water on it. Streak, streak, streak.
4) Forgetting to turn off the RO/DI to the make up water tank... especially over a weekend in a second floor office.
5) Having $7k+ worth of coral and tank viewers commenting on how nice the fish look.
6) Clogged end on a gel super glue tube.
7) Poorly made gel super glue tubes that burst when you squeeze too hard after the end clogs and spray glue all over the tank, hard wood floors and textured walls.
8 ) The fact that salt water conducts electricity so well.
9) Mantis shrimp
1. Stupid snails that decide to go on their backs and cant turn over by themselves
2. Accidentally moving one rock then all of the sudden the rest of the rocks don't feel steady and having to redo everything
3. People who think they know everything
4. people giving other people BS advice (Petsmart, etc)
(not saying I know everything, but this happens with freshwater all the time for me)
5. salt residue on the glass
6. spilling or splashing water every time I do a water change
7. not having money
8. People buying something they dont need at one place when then could get exactly what they need at a different store they are going to anyway
my wife turning our sump/fuge into an anemone/clownfish breeding area...I'm probably going. to start a thread on. this. people meed to see what her "vision" has turned into
Catch your mantis and send him to meee!! it makes me sad to see people who hate them. i love them so much. i cant help but get more and more tanks for the ones i have! im sure triplemom and jwin will pop in here and reiterate what i said soon.
I'm going to report you to the US government for harboring terrorists. Mantis shrimp are the Al Qaeda of the aquarium world.
I must admit, I am an impulse buyer. Mainly with corals, I see something I like, I buy it, then come home to go online and research it and have a very hard time finding a place to put it in my DT:
The only one time I didn't get upset when someone put their hand in my tank was when my cousin wanted to demonstrate her underwater camera, which I ordered n ebay the very same night;D
People who think they know it all is my biggest pet peeve. Especially my boss who is stuck in the 1970's. He doesn't believe in most of today's improvements in reef keeping; no skimmers, wavemakers etc.
My clowns and damsel hosting my toadstool drives me nutz.
My Cat Jumping up to get my fish (scaring them) and getting his grimy little paw prints on the glass i just cleaned TWICE!
???DO FISH LIKE CAT CHUM???
ok.....start that thread - i am curious!
Separate names with a comma.