What are your reefing pet peeves?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by ibefishy, Jan 27, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. s10lowrider1994

s10lowrider1994 Feather Duster

Haha sometimes ours sit for days and usually end up getting knocked over until one of us gets mad enough to clean them. Such a little task but so annoying. To add to the list:

5. Knocking over test tubes

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Haha yep! I'm down to only three tubes. ;D

4. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

When you find that aipstasia in the most impossible place to get to...then seeing it reproduce and reproduce.. AND reproduce to the point that you kill 1 but 2more are born..

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

And it stinks too..... :-/

6. rewris

rewris Skunk Shrimp

I think everything I wanted to say has been said already, but what the hell, my $0.02

1. The price gouging for every single thing that has to do with the hobby. The only adequately priced item in this is hobby is probably the food, but when it comes to equipment it's just utterly ridiculous. A skimmer is nothing more than a plastic body with a powerhead attached to it, yet costs $400. Utter nonsense. Overflow boxes, two plastic boxes, yet $50 and up? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: get the foxtrot out of here man! Sigh, don't even get me started on "live rock"....

2. Algae.... Nuff said.

3. Knocking over testubes, both dry and wet. I've broken so many.

4. Fixing one problem always seems to lead to another. Heat for example. You put a fan, so you suffer evaporation. You put a chiller, you suffer more ambient heat, and a higher electricity bill. It's like nothing has a solution where you don't invite more problems or get screwed.

7. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

Did he ever get mad and bite your knee?

Please forgive me - but your comment made me laugh to the point that a coworker asked if i was ok....

+K for that!;D

8. Click Here!

9. puma

puma Flamingo Tongue

I dont know if this really counts as a pet peeve but one thing that drives me a little more insane everyday is not having the funds to do whatever I want. There are a lot of things that I would love to add or do to my tank but I also have some other expensive hobbys. Way too hard to balance everything out. I just want it all

10. surferdude

surferdude Banned

Here is a good one........WAITING FOR THE FED EX or UPS DUDE to drop off a Skimmer, Pump, Power head, refugium, Live Fish, coral etc..... Drives me nuts!!!!! Then when he finally gets there and drops off the package......I'ts like CHRISTMAS MORNING opening that sweet box......Know what I mean???

;D

11. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

for sure.

one time, while watching for the delivery dude, i caught the butthead tossing my box of corals. hit the door, slid down, landed on ground.

everything was fine, but the fragile and life stickers should have been a clue to this knuckledragger.

i called and complained... who knows if it did any good

12. 32Boom

32Boom Coral Banded Shrimp

My UPS guy never knocks even when it requires a sig and the box is marked PERISHABLE (just leaves in the garage in sub-zero weather.) It drives me insane. I've tried leaving friendly notes on the door.

Thinking I'll just drop UPS a lil' call...:angry: