What are your reefing pet peeves?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by ibefishy, Jan 27, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

I think midgets are brilliant

I once had the pleasure of working with one and the joy I had placing things just beyond his reach, gave me all the job satisfaction one person could ever ask for

Steve

4 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

Oh here's another one. Calling zoas and palys "polyps". Whoever started doing that should be strung up. That's like calling house cats "paws" or something like that. Great, I know it has a paw but what kind of feline is it, or maybe it's a dog?
    EVERY coral has polyps, that is not a descriptive term that should be applied to one particular coral.

Actually a lot of very broad, non-descriptive, common names in general tend to rub me the wrong way. Saying you have a "brain" could mean one of I don't know how many genuses, probably in the double digits. Some very different than the others and potentially requiring different care and placement.

BTW, yes I'm a huge coral nerd. :D

1 person likes this.
  4. liegeofinveracity

liegeofinveracity Coral Banded Shrimp

...the night time... is the right time...
    HAHAHAHAHAHHA! I haven't laughed like that since the wife tried out her new yoga dvd! you're a sick man!;D

what a great thread most of mine pet peeves have been mentioned but here goes...
    1.the suction cups on my heaters only sticking until i turn my back
    2.coming home from work to find my skimmer went crazy for no reason...again!
    3.the flat out highway robbery cost of some equipment
    4.that no tank will ever ever be big enough
    5.salt creep
    6.unexplained loss of life
    7.water changes
    8.this is the most irritating of all for me..
    THE NEXT BIG THING!
    you know what i'm talking about, dsb's,fuges,wet dry filtration,bioballs,vodka dosing,garlic,akgae filters,led lighting,etc etc etc...it never ends!;D

5. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

Know it all ripoff LFS - No, porites AREN'T rare and I will not pay you almost $50 for that snail with a couple attached to the shell....This is why I don't go there anymore and have since found an AMAZING LFS.

People ignoring answers given to them when asking for help.

People who touch my tank or want to feed them :shifty:

Salt Creep
    Dry skin
    About 100 other things that irk the crap out of me.

6. PacmanXSA

PacmanXSA Astrea Snail

Well, I'm not a full blown marine aquarist yet (although had a freshwater setup for 5 years or so), current pet peeve is waiting on a full bore cycle... :(

Pac

7. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

::) nerds

:p:p:p:p

8. Click Here!

9. hender

hender Fire Shrimp

I don't mind people asking if i can feed my fish or if its ok to feed the fish, as long as there polite and well... nice about it. However i must admit. "I'm going to feed your fish" or "I want to feed your fish", regardless of my answer...

10. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

I generally prefer geek actually.

11. s10lowrider1994

s10lowrider1994 Feather Duster

1. People that chime in on topics with a very strong opinion when they have no real experience in the area. The ones that go by the "book" or just repeat what others tell them.

2. Flipping snails over constantly

3. Glass being anything short of spotless

4. Girlfriend hates cleaning out the test tubes for some reason

5. Girlfriend also hates when I spill saltwater, glue, chemicals, Rod's food, etc. on our glass dining room table. The table was sort of formal before we got the tank, now its a staging area for water tests and new arrivals.

12. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I HATE doing that too! I understand her pain. In fact, right next to me on the counter, I have three full test tubes from yesterday!