What Are You Using????

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by CheckMateKingll, Apr 26, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CheckMateKingll

CheckMateKingll Feather Duster

This Poll is just to see your main basic filtrator. I know that some of us have a lot of little goodies hooked in...
    Just the facts, Jack, hehe...
    I use the Eco-System with MM, Also have the Eco-Aqualizer hooked in. Since using the Eco-System my Nitrates rarely go over 10ppm.
    [glow=red, 2, 300]If you don't have what's above then please feel free to enlighten us on what you use, It could be interesting to see if it will be the next best filtration craze to hit da market....[/glow]

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

I changed from a DSB a refugium! I have a DSB and LR as well. My tank is super clean since the addition of the refugium.

:) ;) :D ;D 8)

4. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

[glow=Teal, 2, 80%]Hey all,

I voted refugium, I guess because it is (in my mind) such a large part of my system. However, I have a DSB and LR, too. I also have a Aquamedic Turbofloater 1000 multi, an ECO-Aqualizer, and an Eheim 2213. I guess that might be "overkill."
    [/glow][smiley=Looking.gif]

[glow=Black, 2, 80%]But really, all these things just accumulated over time. It isn't like I sat down and bought all the equipment at once and put the system together. Normally, I just run a refugium and a skimmer (that's been my "standard" for many years now). If I'm intending on keeping a LOT of fish, I add a canister filter into the mix.

My parameters are steady as they've ever been, now. The ECO has completely stabilized my system. Every reading I take is the same, except for Ca, and it fluctuates only 10 to 15ppm per week. I am definitely impressed.
    [/glow]
    [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    [glow=Navy, 2, 80%]In fact, I turned my skimmer off 4 days ago, and my readings are still the same. I'm going to leave it off for a while; at this point, I think it is redundant anyway.[/glow][smiley=biglaugh.gif] [smiley=biggrinbounce.gif] [smiley=thumbs_up.gif]

5. CheckMateKingll

CheckMateKingll Feather Duster

For the person who voted, none of the above,,,
    I sure would like to hear what you are using, if you don't mind...
    Tanks

6. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

[quote author=CheckMateKingll link=board=General;num=1051386021;start=0#3 date=04/26/03 at 17:42:46]For the person who voted, none of the above,,,
    I sure would like to hear what you are using, if you don't mind...
    Tanks[/quote]

My apologies, I missed the "and Why" bit.

I use a protein skimmer only and some bags of Chemi-Pure in the sump.

Have a small amount of live rock ( heaps of not so live rock ) but not a dsb.

John

7. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

i voted dsb and lr

i also have my emporer adds for good water flow and carbon usage and works as a mini refugium