Resolved what are these??

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by grinder37, Oct 26, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

i have hundreds of these tiny little(shells,tubes,??)on my back glass,on my liverock,and even have some snails there attached to.I know,I know,wheres the pic?????Well they are so small,my crappy camera can't get a good close up.So please let me try to describe them--They are about 1 mm in size,cicular hard shell type thing,the ones on the back glass will not come off with mag float,but can pluck them free with my fingernail,they are white and about 3/4 of a full circle,looks like a little tube or shell of somekind,I don't believe there snails of any type.Could they be baby feather dusters??I have a bunch of small dusters in my tank,but didn't think they were big enough to breed.It's like something blew eggs all over the tank,but with all of these shells,I haven't seen any type of life out of any.Most are smaller than 1 mm,but there is hundreds,Any ideas anyone????

2. Click Here!

3. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Sounds like spirorbid worms. If you take a magnifying glass, you should be able to discern small feather-duster looking heads on each one. They'll grow by the thousands. They're nothing to worry about. Your water chemistry is good! :)

There's a great picture here.

1 person likes this.
  4. bama

bama Humpback Whale

thats what it probably is.. I have ton of them..

1 person likes this.
  5. grinder37

Thanks Sparky,that was fast,but yea,i'm gonna go dig out the magnifying glass and look fot the feathers on them,they've been there for a few weeks,I wasn't real concerned,but it just keeps driving me nuts,scratching my head,and saying,What is that???over and over.But I know where to go,when I need to find something out!!My good friends at 3reef! Thanks again

6. grinder37

i really appreciate the help when i ask for some,thanks Bama.