What Are My Chances ?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums' started by oceansurf, Oct 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oceansurf

oceansurf Purple Spiny Lobster

Thanks for the suggestions, but no one has yet told me IF MY DIDCUS WILL BE HEALTHY & HAPPY WITH ONLY 2 SIAMESE ALGAE EATERS AS TANK MATES.

36 gallon Community tank 1( 1 discus
    2 ( 2 siamese alagae eaters

CONTINUE ( no agression ; no anxiety ; peaceful slow moving fish like the discus

Thanks guys for all your help so far. It is very much appreciated.

Cardinal tetras & clown loaches have already been suggested.

2. Click Here!

3. oceansurf

oceansurf Purple Spiny Lobster

I have to be quite blunt. I do not have the money to buy another discus It's embarrasing to have to say that, but it's true. I could afford to buy a few fish here & a few fish there & gradually make my discus a part of a community tank. Will that work or will my discus end up dying of lonliness ? I have seached for some compatible tankmates. Now the question is, where do I go from here ?

4. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

The reason no one answered you was because in your very next post you asked:

So everyone moved on to you next question.

To answer your first question Yes the discus will be fine by its self or with the two Siamese algae eaters. no it will not die of loneliness. But if it was me I would add something like a Red Parrot or a Pacu if you can find one. I had a tank full of Discus and angles a few years back so I haven't a clue why someone said that not a good Idea, never had a single problem till two of the angles pairs up and went through the motions of breeding. I had to remove those 2 but thats normal.

And why is it embarrassing to say you cannot afford to buy another, h3ll I couldn't come up with an extra 100 buck right now either. Have you looked at Craig's list, I find Discus all the time for pretty reasonable prices. There is a Guy in Chicago right now that has some absolutely beautiful Red Leopard babies for sale for 25 bucks a piece. Maybe someone in your area has some for sale.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010