What about this T5 Bulb Combo?

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by tallreefguy, Jun 18, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tallreefguy

tallreefguy Astrea Snail

I am going to get an ATI PM 8x54 watt
    The color spectrum I'm looking for is a nice blue, but really make the reds, greens, etc really POP

ATI Blue+
    Fiji Purple
    ATI Aquablue
    ATI Blue+
    GE 6500
    ATI Aquablue
    UVL Actinic
    Blue+

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

That would work nicely. Move the actinic between the GE and aquablue to spread the actinic around better. If you want more PAR switch the actinic with a blue plus. Blus plus have a large amount of actinic light but are the strongest bulb for PAR. True actinic have 1/3 the PAR of the Blue Plus.

4. tallreefguy

tallreefguy Astrea Snail

I read somewhere that pure Actinic will make corals more fluorescence than Blue+.
    Has anyone tried swapping an actinic bulb for a Blue+ type bulb to see the impact it made (if any)??

5. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

with eight bulbs i would worry about it. you could replace the actinic with a uvl 75.25 bulb that has actinic and reds in it.

6. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

That's a good combo imo but I use all of the listed bulbs except the fiji. You're gonna be jammin the par in there! ;D

7. wfb2270

wfb2270 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

if you want a cooler (blue) look to the tank you might want to put another blue+ in there. my 6x54 is

ati blue plus
    ati aquablue special
    fiji purple
    GE daylight (its either 6500 or 6700 cant remember)
    aquablue special
    blue plus

and i still have a very "white" color. i have considered swaping the 5th bulb for another blue plus. the GE and the Fiji purple bring out the reds a lot in my red digitata and sunburst encrusting monti.

8. Click Here!

9. tallreefguy

tallreefguy Astrea Snail

And your tank still looks pretty white, huh? Maybe I'll have to order a couple extra Blue+.
    Thanks for your help guys!! Is the UVL 75.25 a blueish color or is it more white?

10. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

IMO, I would get rid of the GE daylight. A good 10k bulb has about the same PAR rating and doesn't have that yellow color to it.

11. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

It's pink.

12. NinjaBum

NinjaBum Spaghetti Worm

Yeah, anytime you use a fiji purple it will make the tank look pinkish or purple if you use a lot of blues. The GE balances with the blues and everything to make it look more normal white colored, so I would try swapping that GE daylight for another aquablue or blue+ IMO. I have
    Blue+
    Fiji Purple
    GE 6500
    Blue+
    GE 6500
    Blue+

and it still looks kinda pinkish white. I run the 6500's for my macros though. I used to have

Blue+
    Blue+
    Aquablue
    FijiPurple
    Blue+
    Aquablue
    Blue+
    Blue+

And it was really blue. I liked it a lot. Only reason why I switched was for the macros