Well water pressure and RODI

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by dixiedog, Jan 28, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dixiedog

dixiedog Coral Banded Shrimp

In researching which RODI sustem to buy, I discovered - like countless others before me - that I needed 50 PSI to run the system properly.

So I walked out in front of my opulent 1988 Skyline double wide manufactured home, and took a look at my well's pressure guage.

It was kicking on at 32psi, off at 42.

So I made some calls to some various people more knowledgeable than myself and concluded I can almost certainly up my pressure to at least 60psi, at the upper end.

But, as those of you with wells probably know, you need to maintain about 20psi in between where your pump turns on, and where your pump turns off. Your pressure will stay at the upper end until you turn on the sink, shower, etc, then fall to the lower end, triggering the pump to kick back in.

So my question is this: Other than GPD output, will my RODI sustem suffer any ill effects from being not ALWAYS at 50psi minimum? It WILL be at or near 60psi the vast majority of the time.

Sorry for taking so long to ask such a simple question. ;D

2. Click Here!

3. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

As far as I know no, the main concern with low pressure, as well as temperature is that it will reduce the GPD the system can make.