Well, I'm finally upgrading!

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by OoNickoC, Sep 1, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

After a few years with the 12g nanocube, its time to move up. I just ordered the 24g, with the viper 150w HQI lamp. I get my rock tomarrow (i QT my rock for a week). After alot of debate and tons of browsing It looks like the winner. Im now trying to decide on a skimmer.....

2. Click Here!

3. wil3357

wil3357 Astrea Snail

doubled your size eh? I was always nervous with such small tanks as you have so little room for error, I make the errors! well good luck!

4. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

That is cool that you are upgrading your tank. It definitely becomes alittle more forgiving when you have a bigger tank as far as water chemistry and changes in water parameters.
    The only thing is you will in a short period of time be upgrading again, i'm sure! I've upgraded about five times now presently to a 125 gallon...will that be the end of the upgrading or is it a 180...220? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

I have a 180, but would never invest enough to make it a reef as Im only 21 with alot of moving around to do...;) I get to buy coal, and goodies for my clients....pretty much quenches all my insane reef dream urges;D . I think the 24 is the happy medium for someone who isnt a home owner for portability and price of setup. I am dying to get this thing started. I have the rock curing @ work and am going to make this one somewhat overkill;) Ill post some pics soon.

6. apollo'sowner

apollo'sowner Feather Duster

I seem to be going in the reverse order. Guess as I get older I am trying to save more money (that's a laugh) and make things simpler. I have around a dozen large tanks sitting out in the garage and this 20nano going and have been looking on ebay for a 3gl.