Well, I think I have ich

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by i3oosted, Dec 10, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. i3oosted

i3oosted Flamingo Tongue

Thank God they are in my QT tank right now.

I have 4 tiny fish in my QT, they are all small. Firefish, R. Gramma, Tailspot Blenny, Randalls Goby.

All are still eating pretty well. I'm going to use a cupramine base treatment instead of hypo.

I'm likely going to do a FW dip before they get introduced to my DT after treatment.

Do any of these fish not really react well to Copper? Bottle says 2 week treatment, then I add another 2 to view and make sure it isn't present?

Wish me luck.

2. Click Here!

3. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

4. thirty5

thirty5 Plankton

You should be find with the cupramine. Just make sure you test the levels often to make sure hat you have the correct amount of copper in the QT. Too much and dead fish, too little and possibly dead fish (the ich).

Good Luck hope they pull through.

5. i3oosted

i3oosted Flamingo Tongue

Well I woke up this morning to check on them and not a spot. I know that doesn't mean much but I can't be sure since what I saw was so minute.

Should I wait till I can get a real good positive reading before dosing cupramine?

6. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

The visible signs of Ich are only one stage of the parasite.Just because the fish have no spots does not mean they are not infected.If you are sure they have Ich or had the symptoms recently I would follow the directions for the Cupramine .

7. i3oosted

i3oosted Flamingo Tongue

I decided to use a product called Crypto-Pro which is a Quinine Sulfate medication that has been shown to be very effective.

Anyways, I still have the Cupramine if Crypto Pro does not work. I started treatment on the 15th and it's a 10 day treatment.

All fish are currently eating, active, and not acting weird besides ich symptoms(scratching).

I will keep this thread updated with a success or failure.

8. Click Here!

9. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

10. i3oosted

i3oosted Flamingo Tongue

Update:

Treated all 4 fish with Quinine Sulfate for 12 days. There were no white spots seen after the 4th day of treatment. Fish were added to DT and have not seen any ich on any fish at any time yet. My Royal Gramma did die but I do not know the cause, though it did have the worst of the ich out of all of them. The RG was not breathing hard at all but was very lethargic on the last day and then died.

All other fish acted normal and were eating(so was the RG).

I now have a Midas Blenny and another Royal Gramma in QT. I knew when I bought the Midas that it had ich, it was scratching but I couldn't see any spots, but I had to buy it since I can never find any at the LFSs.

I switched from QS to Chloroquine Phosphate. I ran a single dose of Prazi Pro first, then I dosed with CP. The blenny was still scratching and I could see a dot or 2 on it. Literally after the first day of CP, the blenny hasn't scratched and I haven't seen another spot on either fish. The blenny got really frisky and playful after I dosed with CP, like he feels better now.

Anyways, I'll update on these 2 fish after their 10-12 day treatment.

11. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Congrats on the Midas Blenny! I just got one myself a couple weeks ago. He definitely had some kind of internal parasite when I got him. Dosed Prazipro and he is looking much better! Mine is always out swimming now, and runs to the front of the glass whenever anyone walks by. Great personality :)

12. scuzy

scuzy Flamingo Tongue

so whats the status using CP ? how many day treatment?