Welcome to the new site!!

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Apr 18, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Could it be? Is this really 3reef??
    YES IT IS. 8)

Welcome to the new 3reef.com.

It's bigger, faster and stronger than before. And it took slightly less money than Steve Austin's bionic arm!! :tongue4:

(Returning members, if you have login troubles, email me.)

Please take a look around and soak it in. There is a lot to see!

Great pains were taken to bring a lot of the old 3reef into this site. For you techies out there, you can imagine what a massive project it was to convert a large CGI driven forum into a PHP site with a database.. especially when import scripts didn't exist!! :eek:

So big huge thanks go out to Jerry Hutchings who actually took the time to write code because we needed it - free of charge! - so that we 3reefers could have our avatars, attachments and a whole bunch of other stuff that would have perished. YOU RULE JERRY!!

Big thanks also to the amazing J.B., Chuck and Michael who all helped pull this thing off. You all have a friend in California.
    --------

The new site needs you!

UPLOAD PHOTOS IN THE NEW PHOTO GALLERIES!!
    I'm sick at looking at pics of my tanks. Please take a moment to upload your own photos into the galleries. We need to start over with the galleries, but the good news - besides that this setup is way better - is that you can get your pics out of the old gallery if you need to. It is still up - go here to get your old pics. Simply save them to your desktop if need be and reupload them here.

POST REVIEWS!!
    The new site has a great new reviews section. Please help get it started by posting reviews of reef products. Find a good pic so it looks good. ;)

SELL SOME STUFF!!
    We now have a great new classifieds section. To help celebrate the new site, it's totally free. Check it out!

Ok.. so after the tour.. here is some stuff you should know:

- The thread 'views' count didn't carry over too well. Not a huge deal though. Just about everything else related to threads did.

- karma is all new and we are starting over. Sorry, this might bum out some but the new system is way cool. Check out the 'karma party' thread on the general board for more details and get some free karma! :)

SPEED TIP:
    If you want to cruise real fast in the forums, turn off the sidebar by going to 'Quick Links' in the top nav. Navigation suffers, but you seriously haul.

- Update your profile. Lot's of cool stuff you can do in the User CP.

- You will need to re-subscribe to important threads.

- Post any weird bugs here. I am aware of a few things, but need your help.

- I need to add back Moderators and give people their 3reef and PCRF icon. I will do that over the next couple of days.

- I need to polish a lot. Colors, post icon graphics, bring the rest of the smilies and fix their codes. Man, there is a bunch to do. BUt, WOW... what a start!! I can't believe it!! I'm excited to here what you have to say.

Hope you like it. :)

matt

EDIT - BUGS FIX LIST AND UPDATES HERE. Please report new ones.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  2. Click Here!

3. Scoffer

Scoffer Banned

Sup!!!!! Great New Look!!! Off to a wonderful start!!! Where's the bubbly???

Scoffer

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

No bubbly yet, but I did crack open a bottle of Jameson this morning when I launched the site. :)

5. Plan2Build

Plan2Build Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Very nice Matt.....I like the security feature for logging in! Only 5 tries before your lockout period! I remembered my password on try 4 :)

6. Ice

Ice Astrea Snail

very cool matt great job, i like the '3reef' thing at the top left corner of the home page

peter

7. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

HAY! I love the Top Ten section! Sadly, I am in the top 5 posters!!! LOL!!!!

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Matt:

Hats off to you and your codeing guru friends. Site looks great! Very professional my friend. This must have cost a smal fortune not to mention the time involved in such a migration. Better post that 3Reef.com donation link so everyone can post their spare change to help offset the cost. Will take a while to get usedto. By the way....is there going to be spellcheck for those of us who need one from time to time like me?

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks Jay. Yes all it took was time and money. :)
    I put spellcheck on the list.

11. dmc

dmc Plankton

Matt:

The site looks great.

dmc

12. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Do we still have chat?

Not like we used it much but.....:) I just don't see it. Which , of course, does not mean it ain't there....;)