Welcome to the new server!

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Jan 7, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Alright! Welcome to the new home of 3reef.com! [smiley=thumbs_up.gif] [smiley=wave.gif]

Moving domains and setting up a new server has been intense. Close to 100,000 files were moved and reconfigured by yours truly! [smiley=surprised.gif] [smiley=dizzy2.gif]

We now have our own server. What this means is we don't have to share any space or bandwidth with anyone else - this should mean less slow downs and more speed! 8) 8) 8)

I still have a lot of sweeping up to do, but it's mostly on the main site. As I am typing this, the forums are ready to go. I think the only thing left to do on the boards is move the arcade over. But feel free to post away! It's live! :)

matt

2. Click Here!

3. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Oh Bless You Matt!!! You are a hard worker!!!!

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks BL!

I am actually fixing the arcade right now. That should finish off the forum. Tomorrow after some rest I'll tackle the rest of the site and see if I can figure out how to cache some stuff on the 3reef homepage. [smiley=builder2.gif]

5. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Sweet man it's lighting fast.

I hope all this work was done while enjoying a cold beverage;)

J

6. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

Brutal...
    I'd offer you a drink, but I'm not flying to CA to do it.
    Drag your butt out to Chgo and you can collect. ;)
    Later.
    Bruce

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I'll take you up on that sometime!  

Thanks guys. I don't think you'd really want me drinking while I did all that. Code and beers don't mix. :) But they taste good when you are done!

Glad you like the new server.

8. Click Here!

9. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

Does this mean I can do a product review or post pictures of rock and it won't boot me out?

Oh, anytime. BTW, I suck in CA. I'll be in the Napa valley next May. Is that anywher near you? I may also visit friends S of Frisco. If so, you are on.

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I should hope not! Only reason would be if your images are too big and over the file size limit. Check the help faq for details.

As for May, I'll be here! Remind me. :)

BY THE WAY, UNLESS YOU ARE ON EAST COAST TIME, YOU WILL NEED TO ADJUST THE FORUM TIME ON THE NEW SERVER. YOU CAN DO SO IN YOUR PROFILE.

11. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

I am on East Coast Time and it is wrong...from my desk anyways. The Profile looks correct but it says it is after 3 AM her and it is only 1 AM.....

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Huh. Since you are on the east, you should not have to set an offset in your profile. Do you have one set?

I am in California and had to put -3 in my profile.