Welcome to 3reef 2004!!

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Jan 14, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Wow... do you feel it? SPEED!!

Welcome to 3reef 2004!

[move][glow=red,2,300] [smiley=smile.gif] [smiley=smoking.gif] SPEED!![/glow][/move]

This upgrade was driven by a need for speed.  ;D

I tried to cut some fat on very single page.

I was motivated and had to make some hard decisions. That pretty nav at the top clicked in at 1.6 seconds so it's gone.

But in it's place is a tried but true left nav that I kept as clean as possible. Thanks to Naut then Craig again for making me think about it. That was a great one and right under my nose!!

I have to say that the old way was by design though. I build sites for people and nobody wants the nav and banner at the bottom, that's nuts!!

So I did it as an FU to all that.

But now I am getting serious.
    I know we have something here and in gratitude of you all coming here and making a difference.. I will state for the record that I will freak on it for as long as I am able.

I pride myself on giving you something up and above.
    And I think I have done that here and there.
    And I will continure to do so!! THIS YEAR IS ABOUT NOW. RIGHT NOW.

So this monster of an upgrade I did now!
    I hope you like it.  [smiley=sunny.gif]
    It's not 100% percent done, but it will be soon.

Here are some things on my TO DO list you should know about:

skins - A cool feature. It will be back soon. It's the most important thing on my list. It's really complicated and everything has to be just right or it laughs at me. It's laughing. So hang tight, try to hang with the default. I am working on this. I will fix it.

And well that's it really. heh. Big list!  ;D
    Well I did notice the javascript for 'bold' and 'glow' is busted. But I will probably fix that by the time you read this..

A new feature to check out, Polls Index! - A place to see all the polls on this site.  :)

Oh and you notice the last 5 posts list? Yeahh!! That's about time! And so is ratings on the  product review board!! 8) 8) 8)

And more to come after I mop up a bit... so take it in and enjoy the ride. This is 3reef, 2004.

[smiley=helmet.gif] [smiley=glasses2.gif] [smiley=cool3.gif] [smiley=cool4.gif] [smiley=beatnik2.gif]

2. Click Here!

3. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

;D ;D Way to go Matt!!!! I like it especialy the recent posts at the top [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

4. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Thanks Matt! - I "second" Nugio's comment about last posts on top - "last posts" is always first stop for me and was pain to have to scroll way down to get.

SPEED is awesome - greatly improved!

GOOD JOB!

OmarD

[​IMG]

5. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

[move]Zoooooooooming now [smiley=fish.gif] [smiley=fish.gif] [smiley=fish.gif] [smiley=fish.gif] [smiley=fish.gif] [smiley=fish.gif][/move]

Thanks Matt

6. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

Looks great Thanks Matt!!!!!

7. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Looks great Matt. Freaked me out last night when I could get on, but I kinda thought you were up to something. Really great Man

J

8. Click Here!

9. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

thanx a lot matt, it looks Awesome.

:)

10. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Way fast, way improved, and way cool! You da man Matt! Thanks for all your time and effort!

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

THANKS EVERYBODY!! [smiley=thumbs_up.gif]

Gonna take a break to catch up on some sleep and personal hygiene ;D ... then I'll get back on it! It never stops!!

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

12. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I love the changes. I really like having all of the forums listed on the left and on the bottom.