Weiss products...again, have a looksee!

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by ScooterGuitar, Dec 6, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ScooterGuitar

ScooterGuitar Astrea Snail

Thanks to everyone for their previous input on the Marc Weiss products, I am listening and ordering the B Ionic. But I do have a few comments (Weiss products) regarding how everyone seems to think poorly of the products. Yes, I have had time to read all of his info and various sites comments/reviews.
    I used to think the holistic/natural thing was hooey. About 2 years ago I got into holistic animal foods and such. Really studied up and have used such items for sometime, with great results. However I still eat at McDonald's! I guess what I am saying or asking is, have you tried the products and they totally did not work with ample time? Now that is, proof in the pudding! Or, are you going on what others have said and/or skeptical because of not knowing the ingredients (I don't agree either, he should list them) or fear change, something other than standard practice? His claims make sense ot me, but do the products work at all? Yes, I do think there are snake oils out there, are you sure these products are? Various places I read comments, are similar to on here. Seems like only a few people  actually have tried them with or without success. Just playing the devil's advocate here, nah not really! My mind is open.... :-/

2. Click Here!

3. tresguey

tresguey Fire Worm

well i for one have used combo vital last year on a 90 gallon reef set up. the tank was about a year and a half old and was doing good. i went to a lfs that i have never been to. and the owner was talking to a customer about this stuff being awsome. so i thought i would give it a try. i did give it a fair try for about 2 months. and all i got was a bad algea problem. none of my corals looked to grow better or more color come out in them. so i decided to quit combo vital. recently i started up a 40 gallon set up in august i believe. the coraline algea on my lr seemed to be dying off and went into another lfs browseing and noticed a product my marc weiss i forget the name but it was some kind of ls and lr booster. i said why not try it. and i dont know if it was the product or time but my lr started thriving with coraline in 2 weeks. without any adverse effects on my tank. so imho i think combo vital NO and ls/lr booster MAYBE. would like to hear from others that may have used it!

4. ScooterGuitar

ScooterGuitar Astrea Snail

Good reply. I am in no way trying to advocate any product, just wondering who has actually tried it with or without success. Thanks for the input.

5. tresguey

tresguey Fire Worm

all my other corals are doing well. i did a water change today as i do everyweek. and they are opening a little bit better today. i dont know what kind they are and dont have a current picture of them but here they are about 3 months ago

Attached Files:

6. tresguey

tresguey Fire Worm

oops posted this in the wrong place. sorry

7. GraviT

GraviT Coral Banded Shrimp

I personally tried Marc Weiss' Black Powder and unfortunately, suffered from a severe outbreak of cyanobacteria well before I could determine if it did anything good for the tank. I mentioned this fact to the guy at the LFS who sold it to me, and when his tank went cyano-crazy, he thought about it and quit using it himself. Neither one of us has had a problem since.

I suppose that I could try a lower dosage than what is recommended on the package, but it put a bad taste in my mouth. I'm sure some of his products are worth the time, I just won't recommend Black Powder to anybody I like.