Weird White Blotches

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Breed, Aug 7, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Breed

Breed Feather Duster

Hey All,

Last week i purchased a female and male pair of swallowtail angelfish, and both acclimatised to the tank very well are are eating vigorously. However i noticed that the female seems to have these blotches of white on the end of its tail that are at least 1mm wide. Im not sure if it is just stress, as the male occassionally pushes her, as i have seen many new fish that have just come in to aquariums with similar looking white blotches, or maybe its a parasite of some sort. Its alot bigger that itch... but not sure.. anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

Breed

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Hmm, interesting. Can you tell if there is any peeling or raised scales? Does it look like a white coating. If you can post a picture it would be helpful.

4. Breed

Breed Feather Duster

There does not apear to be any peeling or raised scales, and she is still eating fine and wimming around normally... it just looks like three white spots on the tip of her tail horizontally... she is very shy and i cant get a photo that u can see the spots in...

5. Noble

Noble Astrea Snail

Not to give you a false sense of security.
    Sometimes when I add a newfish to the aquarium they'll get thick white dots on them.
    What I do is make sure that they are feeding normally, if they are I just observe them to make sure that feeding continues and they do not degrade in color or they do not stay hidden day and night. Usually the spots go away and the fish lives on.
    If they do not feed or they hide all the time usually the fish dies fairly fast and my guess is it's the ich. Quarentining and treatment would be a good option to try and save the fish if there is time.