Wave Maker ?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by kim, Jan 19, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kim

kim Astrea Snail

HI, Has any used, or is using a product called a Sea Sweep ? It looks like a good idea, just wanting opinions.

Kim

2. Click Here!

3. kornaco40B

kornaco40B Spaghetti Worm

Never heard of it.... there's some YouTube vids, however. Did you check those out?

Corailline likes this.
  4. kim

kim Astrea Snail

Good idea. Thank you !

kornaco40B likes this.
  5. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

I always wanted a wave maker, they seem to move water in a natural motion. I don't know much about the products but definitely go on youtube and watch many videos/reviews.

I was in a store that uses wavemakers and I got very sick from looking in their tanks. I was dizzy, nauseous, and ended up with a headache, so I'll never use one. Seems I get seasick even without being on a boat.lol

scajeo likes this.
  6. kornaco40B

Decide anything yet? I got one of the small Jebao WaveMakers this past week---so far so good. It's pretty nifty considering the price.

HostileEmployee likes this.
  7. HostileEmployee

HostileEmployee Plankton

+1 the newer jaebo models are great for the price. I would definently look into them befor you drop money on something you are unsure of. Running a jaebo right now and it is comparable to ecotech products and 1/4th the price.

kornaco40B likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. kornaco40B

Indeed, the price is unbeatable! Lots of power, IMO, plus added control for not TOO much more than a plain name brand powerhead running straight AC voltage with only on/off control.

So yeah, moral is: there's some options available, OP.

10. kim

kim Astrea Snail

I'm convinced to try it. I just ordered a WP60. Looks like a real water mover in the videos.

11. Oryo

Oryo Feather Duster

I had a Sea Sweep on my 1st tank when the product first came out about 20 years ago.. It does a really good job moving water to cover from side to side. The only problem is they were expensive back then and STILL very expensive considering what products have come along since then. I have a Jaebo wavemaker that is really cheap in price and does a great job. It doesn't mve back and forth like the Sea Sweeper but for 75% cheaper I'd stick with the Jaebo.