Water Station plumbing questions

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by texanjordan, Feb 17, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. texanjordan

texanjordan Peppermint Shrimp

I am buying materials to set up a water station. I have 3 55 gallon blue barrels that I will be using. Two will be RODI storage and 1 will be salt water storage. Using the design that I have attached, I borrowed, but with a third barrel added. My plan is to set this up in my garage and run the output from the external pump out of PVC to right near the door from the garage to the house. From there I will put a valve and a threaded barb and connect flexible tubing of some sort. My plan is to be able to run the tubing approximately 25 feet to my tank and be able to just be able to turn on the external pump and add salt water for water changes, or fresh water to refill my ATO. Because the pump is only going to be pushing water up about 5 foot max, and across 35 foot max, will this be an easy task to accomplish? Also does anyone have a recommendation of an external pump? What sort of tubing should I use? I want to be able to store the coiled tube on a rack mounted on the wall in my garage, and simply uncoil it and run it to my tank when needed. Thank you for your help.

Attached Files: