Water is going down in my tank?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by miataliker, Dec 13, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Tell us what your ammonia, nitrites and nitrates test readings are. Next what is your salinity or salt level?

You use fresh RO/DI water to replace evaporation, in my case my 16G nano takes about 2-3 gallons a week depending on the humidity and how I have my powerheads aimed for surface agitation.

You use new saltwater to replace what the skimmer removes since it removes the salt too.

You use new saltwater to do regular water changes, 10 to 20% every week to two weeks.

Keep an eye on your salinity since it will drop with wet skimming so you may need to add a small amount of salt when replacing for evaporation or you can account for that when you do water changes.

Sounds like you may still be in the midst of a cycle though and water changes may prolong the cycle, posting your test results will prove this out though.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. miataliker

miataliker Flamingo Tongue

One more question, how do i get the poop and waste on the bottom to go away?

4. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

Depends on what you have in the tank, if its LPS and softies, you can get away with 15% every 2-3 weeks...I had a 29g and did a 5g every month.

5. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

syphon out at water change

or run some time of mechanical filter and then rinse out and use at later date as and when required (dont leave it running all the time)

both of those methods work for me

Steve

6. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

Siphoning in a water change..but it shouldnt sit on the bottom, do you have any powerheads?

7. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

Hey, look who's back. This is a joke, at least the OP treats it like one. The last thread he posted went 18 pages of bad grammer, short nonsensical sentences, emoticons and childish answers and questions. He's apparently already had a setup, or so he claims with clowns and an anemones. He won't answer a questions directly and acts like he is a young child.

From you previous posts, you should know the answers to your questions already as you apparently had a full setup already. I think this is just a game you play every once in a while. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong and I apologize, but I'm usually not wrong when it comes to this kind of thing.

8. Click Here!

9. Crimson Ghost

Crimson Ghost Blue Ringed Angel

Thanks - I figured it was something along these lines -- not like I have anything better to do than baby sit a child online. thanks GM ! back to reading more important threads.....

10. miataliker

miataliker Flamingo Tongue

Hey im just here researching and getting opions from what others have been through. I'm not here trying to be childish. If your not willing to help then go away :)

11. makeshiftcrew

makeshiftcrew Gigas Clam

Really? Then post some pics of your "current" tank....some of us spend alot of time on here trying to help people...if your gonna play games then YOU can leave...

12. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

If you want help from people,you need to post your parameters,you've have been asked like 4 or 5 times now at least.There is not much we can do without those.Acting like a troll or not answering reasonable questions can be a quick way to not get the help you are asking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.