Water is cloudy for NO reason!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by NRF_85, Feb 7, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

do you have a local fish store that deals in saltwater, you may be able to get store credit, i or you could try to sell it on craigslist or a trading post paper.
    if you want to keep them in the long run you will probably need atleast a 75 gallon tank.

2. Click Here!

3. NRF_85

NRF_85 Astrea Snail

Yeah, I would have no problem getting a 75g except that I have a nice MH canopy on my nano

4. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

if its a retrofit kit you would just have to make something new, could be just 2x4s for a temporary fix.

5. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Yup.....Overstocked.....I concur. And it is not so much a waste issue rather than an oxygen saturation issue. When the salt mix is added to the equation, the 1 inch per gallon rule goes to about 1 inch per 3 gallons. I adhere to a 1 inch per 5 gallons just to give room for inverts and cleaning crew which are also using oxygen, albeit at a lower rate. So the angel and tang goes back (IMO), and I would plan on no more than six to eight inches of fish in that tank 'o yours.

6. Yuri Kapustin

Yuri Kapustin Coral Banded Shrimp

There should be a store near by that could give you a going price for store credit...At least in southern california most lfs do that for me.

7. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Hello, contrary to the popular belief of many an aquarist, the 1" per gallon is utter nonsense...well, sort of, let me explain. If it is true at all, it would be the full grown size. Example; you buy a Yellow Tang at 1" but it will be 6", you must regard that fish as 6" for your calculations. Also, do some homework by reading or inquiring here about the needs and behavior of the fish you think you may want. Tangs and many others need a lot of swimming room, your tank is much too small. We all make errors in judgment when starting out, we are here to help.

8. Click Here!

9. NRF_85

NRF_85 Astrea Snail

I agree with you guys now- but why would live aquaria tell me that the system will eventually stabilize with my stock and if I just add some beneficial bacteria the system will not crash?

10. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

So you want send them back before the 'warranty' expires?

11. mile high reefer

mile high reefer Fire Shrimp

Do you know any one with a tank? Call foster and smith and give them my address I will care for your corals andsend pictures.:)

12. mile high reefer

mile high reefer Fire Shrimp

They sell fish and corals.