Water changes...

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by kyrie_eleison, Sep 30, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kyrie_eleison

kyrie_eleison Astrea Snail

I read about all sorts of methods to correct water chemistry problems. However, no method seems to be more effective than a simple routine water change. Tell me I'm wrong.

I don't know if other people who may be OCD like I am but when I get bored at home; I get ancy about my water quality. When that happens, I do a partial water change. One time, I changed 20% of the water twice in one week. I don't know why but it just felt like the right thing to do at the time. Does anyone ever have that urge?

2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

i used too when i first set up my tank. but now ive done enough water changes to last me a life time. and no a water change probably is the best way to maintain water quality even if its not the easiest.

4. nunch

nunch Aiptasia Anemone

I'm extremely lazy when it comes to anything other than my son and work, so for me to do a water change the No3 must be through the roof, same w/ cleaning the glass if I can still see my fish it's good, unless company's coming over. I do take a lil' bit of pride in my tank.

5. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

I have decided im going to change between 10-20 gallons a week from now out on my 220 just to help prevent any issues like I just went through. Its a pain and I feel that ocd too but there is nothing worse the spending a couple hrs everyday correcting your water for weeks to not let the tank grow out of control(or getting it back after it did)

6. railroader46

railroader46 Skunk Shrimp

I did two water changes after my rsm cycled and since then none. My water params are staying pretty much where they need to be. I dose cal everyday and thats it. A good skimmer, tlf p04 reactor, some mechanical filtering, denitrate coil and some chemi-pure elite and that does the trick.