Water Blaster

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by arthur, Dec 17, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. arthur

arthur Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Year ago I bought Water Blaster HY-7000 Return Pump. I know that I should do it sooner, sorry. I pulled it out for maintenance, cleaning. I soaked it in Mix Water and Vinegar for couple days. I can't find Manual for that pump and can't find more info on website. I brushed of on outside but should I also unscrew three screws and clean inside, propeller etc. or don't mess with it. I think it should be important to clean inside more then outside…but don't want to messed up. Please let me know.Thanks.

2. Click Here!

3. SPINNER

SPINNER Fire Shrimp

When you put it back together run it in vinegar for a few hours then try to loosen screws. If nothing else it will clean that area until you can see your options.

4. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

Is usually no big deal to clean the inside. I've done it with no problem. There are only a few parts. Just observe where they came from.

5. timkatz71

timkatz71 Astrea Snail

+1, if soaked already everything should be loose, turn on in it and you should be good

6. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Remove the impeller from the shaft and motor housing so you can soak it in straight undiluted distilled white vinegar. When you dilute the vinegar yoy raise the pH and it loses its effectiveness. I use it straight then strain the big chunks out and pour it back in the gallon jug to be used over and over for a year or more.

Just soaking it assembled may not clean the area around the shaft and impleer magnet of the calcium build up.

7. arthur

arthur Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Thanks guys. I unscrewed it yesterday and still soaking it. Only I did like 40% water 60% vinegar, sorry AZDesertRat I saw your post too late… :(. Is 24 hours soaking enough or should I keep it longer before final cleaning? Thanks again.

8. Click Here!

9. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Should be good. When undiluted I soak about an hour. Pay close attention to the build up of calcium on the shaft, make sure the impeller slides all the way on and off and rotates freely the whole distance. If you have a bottle brush or Fluval cleaning brushes clean down inside the motor housing where the magnet rotates.