Watchman Goby & Blood Shrimp Bond?

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by MoJoe, Feb 12, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

I was wondering if it's possible for a Yellow Watchman Goby and a Blood Shrimp to form a bond like the Goby/Pistol Shrimp duo?

My YWG and my Blood Shrimp are definitely pals, I call them the Odd Couple and the Shrimp rides the Goby like a skateboard when it's feeding time, it's pretty funny. They live together in their little cave, what a cute couple. It's hard to say if either is truly benefitting from one another like the Goby/Pistol combo but it's def interesting.

I'm going to try and get vids/pics if I can.

2. Click Here!

3. FishMagnet

FishMagnet Plankton

So maybe I should try and pair my YWG with a blood shrip instead of another goby? :)

That's cool, I hope you get some pics up!

4. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

That is awesome; please get a video up if you can!

5. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

yes, please post pics and/or video especially at feeding time!

6. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

That's very cool and interesting. I know the pistol and the goby are both burrowers. The sight if any on the pistol shrimp is poor so the goby acts as the eyes for the shrimp which is a big part of their bond.
    Seeing as blood shrimps aren't burrowers I'm interested to see it pan out. IMO I don't think it would be the same bond as a pistol/ goby. But I don't know for sure.
    Also love to see pics.