Watch your tanks

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by dsaundry, Jan 16, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dsaundry

dsaundry Plankton

Just thought I would pass along a sad story from one of the members at the Canreef site up here in Canada. One of the members Albert's house was broken into this week. It isnt bad enough that these low lifes break in and steal from the man, but they smash his aquarium too. He lost thousands of dollars in rare and fancy corals:(. On a positive note he was able to save the fish by getting them in his sump. Just want to let you all know and maybe make sure your insurance covers your hobby.

2. Click Here!

3. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

KRAP!

Checked with my insurance company...they will cover tank, lights and all other support equipment. Ensuing water damage.

But not livestock.

Is a good thing to check for. Some companies will not cover internal water damage unless specifically paid for. :-/

Something like 50-60% of all household claims are due to water damage from leaking sinks, refridgerators....

4. Dador

Dador Coral Banded Shrimp

Wow I never would have thought to check my insurance. Thanks

5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Boy, does that suck and do I know how he feels! Just a couple months ago some AHole broke into my house as well and stole dvd's, my camcorder, daughter's change, and some clothes. In the process the person snipped the wires to the alarm system and threw a rock through the back porch window to ensure that the alarm was deactivated! Well, the rock the idiot threw missed my 75 galloon tank by a couple inches as the rock put an indent in the sheetrock wall to the side of the tank!
    Sorry to hear that!
    One other issue...yes getting robbed steals your identity, you feel helpless, scared, violated and pissed off, but at the same time, think of all the marinelife that was killed by some jerks ignorance, and stupidity, not to mention his neglect for delicate and beautiful marine animals that are so dependent on us for their survival and long term success, health and vigor!
    Hopefully, they will get theirs in the end!

6. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

That's very sad.. Let him know that all of us at 3Reef are sorry for his losses....