Wanting to move to Colorado

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 6, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea thats kind of how im feeling, ive never been to CO but theres just something that's telling me that's where i want to live. i don't know why but i really think thats where i want to end up. People say im crazy for wanting to leave California but i hate it and want to get out so im keeping my fingers crossed that everything is going to work out

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

lol just a bad first impression i guess :D

4. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

I lived in California as well... was VERY glad to get out of there and have never regretted it. Houston isn't what I would call great but I'd take Houston any day over California. Just too many people and too crowded in So Cal.

Not to mention too expensive to live....

M

5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea so cal is great for families but someone my age, not so much

and your so right about it being expensive

6. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

When I moved from California to Texas, for the same amount of money that I was renting a 2 bed room apartment in So Cal, I bought a 3000 sq ft 4 bedroom house. My car insurance was cut in half... Plus Texas doesn't have state income taxes.

Texas ain't all bad. I just miss the mountains and 4 seasons of Colorado.

M

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea texas is much cheaper than CA. I dont think id be able to live in texas just because its soooooooo flat, the flatness would just kill me

8. Click Here!

9. seabass1

seabass1 Montipora Digitata

Nah, maybe it was me. At that time I was used to a very fast pace you know? Denver was just "slow" paced and easy going. I was there on business & only took a day for sightseeing. I'd like to go back & take my time and visit some of the best microbreweries in the country. The beef was very good also. ;D

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ohhh ok.

at least their food is good, to bad i dont eat beef, so i hope their fish and chicken is just as good

11. seabass1

seabass1 Montipora Digitata

There was one place downtown that was supposedly one of the oldest restaurants in town tied to "The Old West" after one of those old dudes like Buffalo Bill or Marshall Dillon or Roy Rogers (whatever). It was all decked out in authentic western stuff like a museum. It was very cool. The beef was very good & they had fresh catch also. The microbrews were off the hook!! Can't remember the name.

Also, the road signs, if you see any are like right before an exit. No warning or 3/4 mile...1/2 mile....1/4 mile warning signs like us spoiled Cals are. You'll like it. Good place to study. ;)