Wanting to move to Colorado

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 6, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Well when you apply to places for leases they will check your debt to available credit ratio, so having larger limits on your cards would help, as long as you keep what you owe on them way down.

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea it wont be a problem to get my c.c. down now that im not spending any more money on my tank, which still makes me very sad

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

No that was Atlanta A&T (fictional).

A&M stands for Agricultural and Mechanical. They've got a great Veterinarian school there. My sister couldn't get into Davis for some reason despite her being top of her class in both college (UCSC), HS, JHS and even grade school. Heck she skipped a grade and was in every honor class our system offered.

After Texas A&M she went to Athens for a spell, then MI State and then did her residency at OH State IIRC. She's now a DVM Oncologist.

5. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

I just moved and for once I did not get a credit check. I was so ready this time and even had a FICA of 750! Def. not the norm though as every other place I have rented wanted to know my credit info.

6. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Oh man, and you were all prepared!! You should have showed them anyway. :) That is weird though...they must be pretty loose about that stuff.

7. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Oh I did tell them, I was proud of that fact. I had been working on it for a few years so I just had to tell some one :lol:

The college student prior to me had a little problem, her dog bit the landlord :) They loved my dog and it got along with their dogs so I was a shoe in for sure.

It's their first time renting so I even gave them some pointers on the boiler plate contract they had and helped them rewrite it to be more in tune with their particular rental.

8. Click Here!

9. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Well that was nice of you! And I'm glad you showed them. That is definitely something to be proud of!! Go you!

Good thing your dog decided to be on his/her best behavior that day!

10. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Hey here's an idea. You get a tax return, right? Use that to move. Or pay off stuff to get ready to move anyways.

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea, i don't know how big my tax return will be, but i'll probably use it to pay off my credit card

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

hahaha i was a bit off then :p

That's strange how she didnt get into davis, i work at a vet and a coworker of mine got into davis and the school in the caribbean, she chose the caribbean and is loving it