Wanting to move to Colorado

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 6, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Well, not to sound cliche, but you gotta do what you gotta do. And if you have to sell your tank I am sure you will have another! Since you're not tied down with a spouse/partner, or any kids, job, etc. it's the perfect time to follow your dreams!

2. Click Here!

3. coloradoReef

coloradoReef 3reef Sponsor

I think you should move to Colorado. I like that we have 4 seasons that are noticeable! Right now there is about 4" of snow and its freezing!
    When winter is just about over I am sick of it and ready for spring/summer then about half way through summer I cant wait until it snows again.
    Best place to live! well Hawaii would be nicer but thats not gonna happen for me.

Plus I could use another customer for my store!
    If you sell all your stuff you will get another one---I know I have done it!

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

very true! i just hope everything will fall into place, especially since i really dont want to have to live at home much longer

5. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Colorado is beautiful. Been through a large part of it, and enjoyed it. Hope the move works out well for you!

6. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

eh...I have heard better sales pitches....:)

7. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

Sorry for off topic, my group is responsible for the design of the next generation of manned vehicles for the U.S. The Orion capsule the crew will be in. The rockets they'll fly on. The launch pads. The ground facilities. The space suit. The lunar lander. The moon base, if we ever get that far. Cool job. I am very lucky. Worth living in Houston for.

M

8. Click Here!

9. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

What the heck did you major in MMcDonald? :lol:

And PC, you always said your parents were interested in the tank. Maybe leave it with them? Then move it out to CO when/if you're ready for it.

But if you need the money from the tank, then I understand that as well.

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

that would be awesome, that's what i realy want the 4 seasons.

lol hey instead of a customer might as well just make me an employee lol that would really have to force me into getting back into the hobby after i sell the tank

thanks i think im ready to move out of the parents house, its nice having an entire floor to myself and not have to pay bills but i want out. So now i just have to try to get into a college by the end of the year and try to find a job and appartment by that time as well. And the biggest thing that i have to do is SAVE MONEY, that will be hard, i don't think i'll put much more money towards the tank, which makes me sad, ill probably just stick with the few fish and few corals that i have then try to sell when its closer to the time that i want to leave.
    parents really do hate the tank they want it gone

11. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news here, but I would warn you of several things you really need to think about before considering moving here. I live in Denver and am going to Front Range Community College.

Can you handle weather swings? Cold or hot weather can suck, but when the weather swings from 70 to 20 within a couple hours your immune system can go pretty crazy.

Finding work is also near impossible right now. I have been on the job hunt for almost a year now with nothing more than, "were not hiring right now, but we'll keep your application on file." In this economy I personally would not risk moving out of a situation where you can attend school without worrying about too many bills. Stay at home and get a good degree. There will be plenty of time to get some independence when things are more stable for you.

Ok I'm done warning you away now. If you do move, I'm sure we can help get you set up with a new reef when you get settled in here.

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea thats the one thing i worry about, that's always why i want to start saving up. hopefully by the end of the year the economy might be a little bit better