Wanting to move to Colorado

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 6, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

There is simply no other place I would rather live. Colorado is awesome.

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

how are prices for someone starting out on their own? and jobs, i would love to save up and move out of the house by the end of the year, maybe that will be my new years resolution

4. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Hey! Don't diss us blondes! ;)

Colorado is gorgeous. It has everything. You would definitely get used to the altitude, your body just needs time to adjust. I don't know what
    rent is like there, but I would say it's a lot less than CA!

5. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

And I loved it and declare it my favorite state ever :)

And even though denver is the "mile high city", didn't feel to different there. And then at 13,000 skiing I still didn't feel different. Maybe I just didn't pay attention...but you definitely get used to it if you have problems. I'm also a diver and I don't get sea sick...maybe that's why altitude doesn't effect me. But a person can grow out of sea sickness after about a week more or less, even if they get it baaaad. So maybe you'd get used to the altitude rather quickly. And you'd get used to the temps, too. I know you say like 50 degrees is freezing, but it gets a heck of alot colder in colorado. But you'd grow to get used to it. The worst I felt in CO was a negative teen wind chill, but this was during a minor blizzard in December :)

6. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

haha maybe i should say dumb California blonde moments hahaha!

yea CA is crazy expensive, like a 1 or 2 bedroom appartment is like 1k+ no way i could live out on my own here in cali. I had thought about moving to the Seattle area for a while, but figured it would be to costly and to much rain

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea i think my reason was because i never stayed in the mountains long enough, because i know like first day up there i always feel very weak and im always vommiting throuhout the weekend trip my energy level gets better but still vommit, but like you said i would get used to the altitude and weather, having summer all year round sucks! i'm ready to live somewhere that gets something besides sun all year round
    i'll have to check it out :D

10. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Seattle is awesome!! It is a wonderful place to live. It is extremely expensive, but the job market is pretty stable and the wages are good. Minimum wage here is over 8 dollars. I'm not saying you would be making minimum wage, just that the wages are good here. Of course, it doesn't help that much since the cost of living is so high.

And actually, it doesn't rain that much here! The weather is very mild, and there are mountains an hour away. And, it's sea level! It rains less here than many other places, it's just gray a lot. But the scenery and landscape make up for it. Plus, great schools and great culture here.

11. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

I have not rented in a while, but cost of living here is not high. Relatively low. Denver cost more. Don't really care about the state, I don't want to live in any 2 million plus city. I have always lived in mid sized cities. Colo Sgs is 600K. UCCS and Pikes Peak CC.

I'll never leave the mountains. The weather is awesome. And it isn't cold. I grew up in the desert. I moved here and thought it warmed up for two weeks in Aug and then snowed. Well.... I'm so spoiled now I would die in Vegas. It is so arid and mild. The thin air lets all the Sun in. It could be sunny and forty in Jan and people will be playing golf. No humidity, so it does not feel hot or cold. Jobs are good. Colorado has weathered the recession OK. Not untouched, but not terrible.

12. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Holy cow! 1K+ for an apartment?! I only paid $450 per month for our apartment and we were complaining that it was too much so we bought a house for $300 per month. I feel bad for complaining now. Although wages are higher out there I suppose.