Wanting to move to Colorado

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 6, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

So as the title says I want to move to Colorado. I see some of you live in CO so i want to hear some of your opinions and experiences.

Basically i am tired of living at home. I don't have to pay rent or any big bills, so i know i have it ok. But my thing is I just want to go out and grow up. I have not been to CO bu from the sounds of it that's where i want to end up.

I have been thinking about enrolling in the Denver Colorado Community College as I know i wouldn't be able to afford or get into the University right away. And i am thinking about haveing a History major. School has always been tough but i think if i'm out on my own it would force me to try harder than if i were living at home.

What's it like living in Denver, whats the average appartment housing, how hard is it to get a decent job that would be able to pay the bills. And do you think Denver would be a good location for someone moving out on their own for the first time?

2. Click Here!

3. patrick824

patrick824 Montipora Digitata

no idea but hey you would be close to ELITE and that would be beyond cool...

4. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

I grew up in Colorado Springs. My brother lives outside of Boulder. It is a great place to live. I personally prefer Colorado Springs to Denver, not as large a city but big enough to have everything. THere is also University of Colorado at Colorado Springs which is a good place to start school.

I can't talk to current apartment rates and such. I loved living there but can't do what I do anywhere but Houston... uggghhh... not someplace I would have ever chosen if it weren't for Johnson Space Center.

5. patrick824

you dont like houston? I love it there (well ive never lived there but lots of family in tomball) i know its hot and humid, i want to go to texas A&M

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

lol whose ELITE

i'll have to check into the Colorado Springs. I saw that tuition for the Denver CC was a little bit over 8k for out of state, i think i would probably have to try for a student loan weather i try for university or CC.

7. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Elite Reef is coloradoReef's (on 3reef) new LFS he's opening :)

And I loved Colorado when I went. It seems like the perfect place for me. Mountains. Snow. But decent summers, too. And skiing. Just far from the beach kinda sorta :(

But I've only been to CO for a week...

8. Click Here!

9. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Look at the LFS build thread. His new store is called Elite Reef

10. patrick824

with all the hype over the store build, i assumed you would know what i meant by just elite haha but you check out the thread it amazes me

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ohhh that's right! i forgot, although i'd probably have to sell my tank and equipment to be able to move out :(

And that's what i want mountains, snow, decent summers, can't skii but i could learn lol i also get altitude sickness, which is why i was never able to learn to skii, but i would get used to it. Over time, i would think after a week or two of living there my puking would stop *happens all the time when i go to our local mountains on the weekends*

I could live without the beach, beach is 15min away and i go maybe once a year if that. At least you've been to CO for a week, i havent even been, but i have a very strong feeling that i would love it :p

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

lol totally forgot
    urm i think i was having a dumb blonde moment lol :D*not really blond but hey, us brunettes can have em too :lol:*