Wanted! Opinions, Info, any advice.

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by NanaReefer, Feb 1, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Well it's tax refund already and I'm ready to buy. I was initially going to get a few items I've been wanting for some time. Slim Skim, ATO, new bulbs to last a few years, ect...ect.

However I've also been wanting to go LED on my 26g. I was looking at the AI SOL but just can't get past the prices (not that their bad) and I'm not an all blue tank person :)
    Today a fellow reefer introduced me to these: OCReef XP-E® 60 W CREE™ LED Aquarium Light with 3 W High Intensity LED's

For the price I can't go wrong. Right? But here's my problem. I'm intimidated by LED's! Yup sure am and I've no idea why :( Also I've no idea how I would mount these as I live in an older trailer and it has a drop down ceiling so I think hanging them would be out of the questions.

Please let me know what you all think. Would you buy the earlier wanted items or would you go LED?

2. Click Here!

3. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Personally I'd think fixing that battery in your Jeep would top the list.

I'd get the slim skim, but if you wanna do LEDs don't go with those.I have heard no positive reviews of the Eshines.

If you want more colors perhaps 1 Mazzarra S will do nicely? Same price but has more adjustability. Or an AI Nano...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  4. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

I say get the ATO first. Then LEDS.

Look up ecoxotic panorama pro LEDs. They'd do great over your tank.

5. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Nana you've wanted the slim skim 4EVER! So I'd say get that first and the. Some LEDs! Either a DIY from rapid or maybe the panorama pro's or similar! You're a 29g cube right? LEDs will save ya cash in the long run!

6. eelgirl

eelgirl Feather Duster

I just got a 48" strip of ecoxotic MAGENTA/blue did something amazing with my coral and its waterproof so I attached it right to the inside of my lid

7. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Thanks for making this soooo much easier on me people's!! NOT!! LMAO!

I do want the AI Nano so very bad. Have been talking about them for almost a year now, and now they have it with super blue :) and if I get the AI nano I could sell my 1 year AquaticLife 4x24w t5ho's and get the skimmer with change to spare ;) anyone liking my way of thinking here?!
    I just need to make up my freaking mind...

TPF-my Jeep goes in Wednesday and come March 16th I'll be hitting my very first SWAP!! NWRS/UPMMAS in Rinelander WI. Woot Woot!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  8. Click Here!

9. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Best sales pitch I've ever heard!;) DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTT! or wait another year and that would suck!