want agressive fish

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums' started by smileyface1995, Sep 20, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. smileyface1995

smileyface1995 Flamingo Tongue

i currently have a 55g with a convict cichlid, and a oscar... the convict runs whenever u go near the tank, and neither of them seem to care about the 5 goldfish living in the tank with them, and i really want something agresive in there... so what would u recomend for a 55g if u want something agresive.

2. Click Here!

3. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

convict is definitely aggressive.... Dont be mistaken about that since hes not going after goldfish. Why do you want something so aggressive. Its just harder to get tank mates to be civil and peaceful. Becareful if your gonna add more.

4. smileyface1995

smileyface1995 Flamingo Tongue

ughh watch the youtube video.. and i kno voncits are agressive i have 4 other ones that are 1/5th the size of the one thats in the 55 gallon and they can take out a goldfish in about a hour but the goldfish have been in the tank of the 55gallon for like 3days now and only one of them is missing i meen cmon really i want it to be agresive... and i meen its just not doing anything you know?

5. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Both those fish are going to get too big for that tank when fully grown. How big are they? Could be there just not big enough to see gold fish as a food source yet.

6. bwalker9801

bwalker9801 Zoanthid

grizzlies are aggressive try one of those lol

7. b3h0ldrc

b3h0ldrc Plankton

Aggressive fish are some what more challenging compared to a peaceful tank. Be prepared to separate fish, unless you really are willing to lose money spent in such a way. You could try african cichlids, a tank of mbunas or peacock cichlids. One texas cichlid would be nice in a 55 gallon, breeding your own mollies for feeder food in a separate tank. If you get a larger tank you can get maybe around 15-20 piranhas! But be forewarned, aggressive fish could just lead to headaches.

8. Click Here!

9. UltimateWarrior

UltimateWarrior Spaghetti Worm

Get a Flowerhorn, or a lineatus puffer. Both can be aggressive.

10. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Sailfin Tang

Your going to need a waaaaaay bigger tank for the really fun and aggressive freshwater fish. I'm not sure if there legal where you live, but some piranhas can be terrors. A nice black diamond rhom will grow very slow and kill anything in that tank eventually, the downside is they need to be kept alone and eventually can reach 18" at a growth rate of 1" / year. Also if you get a big enough tank with a secure lid a big cobra snake head would be cool. Another option, again with a big enough tank, would be peacock bass . . . nothing slams food like a hungry bass.

~Will.