Wacky Aquariums

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Matt Rogers, Jul 17, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Ok... who is going to be the first one to turn one of these into a reef tank?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of those and a tiki bar and I am all set!! :razz: :razz:

2. Click Here!

3. Benjamin

Benjamin Astrea Snail

Just give some people a little time and I am sure that pictures will be floating around on the web.

I am not too sure how easy it would be to do considering that most of the setups I have seen have a sump located somewhere, but it would definately be cool to see.

Benjamin

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Yeah it would be pretty cool if you can pull it off.
    The trickiest thing would be the lighting. How you would be enough lights on it without destroying the effect (see from the top) is beyond me.

maybe i should stick one of those in my greenhouse. hmmm..... ;D

5. Jimbo

Jimbo Plankton

Matt,

Have you ever thought of getting a large hexagonal tank and setting it up in your greenhouse. It would be observable from all sides, and make an overflow in the center of the tank. The sump/refugium will be hidden underneath in the cabinets. That would be a sweet showcase kind of tank.

Your fishes can just keep swimming around and around without ever turning around. :thumbsup:

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Heh. That would be pretty wild Jimbo. That reminds me of the amazing 'rotating' aquarium. Have you seen that? I think I have a link to it on my links page. Check it out!

7. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

they are cool oh_yeah also check out bizarre aquariums.com they have some pretty cool tanks there